OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Postby wader » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:05 am

wader Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:05 am
I am using v3.07 of the Daz Octane plugin with Daz Studo 4.10. A couple of items are slowing me down, so thought I'd ask about them.

A.
I have noticed that changing Render settings in the Octane main settings pane does not always get reflected in the Viewport. Actually, I cannot force the Viewport to use the Octane Main panel settings when those are changed, meaning the entire scene needs to be reloaded in order to change the Viewport render settings.

For example:

1. I started rendering a scene in Direct Lighting with Diffuse, 500 Max samples, etc. Opening the viewport shows the same settings in its slide-out drawer and it performs the rendering as expected.

2. However, when I changed the settings to PMC, 2000 Max samples and other options, opening the viewport merely re-renders with the prior Direct Lighting settings. And, if I open the viewport's slide-out drawer, it shows those older rendering settings.

The only way to render as I want is to close and re-open the scene - that's getting old really fast :) .

B.
The "Path settings" are not always retained from one Daz session to the next. I'll save some custom paths for the "Project" and "Default," but they randomly get replaced by Octane default values over time.

Are these known issues, perhaps?
Last edited by wader on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Ryzen 9 5950X | ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE | 64GB |{ASUS ROG Strix GTX 3090 24GB + (2x) Titan X Pascal 12GB}
wader
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hydra » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Hydra Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:59 pm
I don't know what Octane is doing... but f*ck.. I love it. Its so much faster now, and more stable.

Kinda annoyed by.. cut and paste, and the usual nuisance complaints, but I guess that's a cross I'm willing to bear.
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Broke geometry...

Postby MyRho » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:07 pm

MyRho Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:07 pm
Found some strange issues in Octane 3.07.
I've bought "I Bot Nurse" for Genesis 3 from Pamavo on Renderosity. When I try to render her in her zero-pose all seems to be ok but after applying a pose (doesn't matter which one) the geomety is broken in the octane viewport/render.
When I render her in IRay there are no problems at all but there seem to be some problems for the oc-plugin to read the geometry.
This happened before (in earlier versions) for some smart/parented props (e.g. some weapons for the left or right hand) - In those cases I found a workaround - I hade to load the prop, export it to 3DSMax, center the origin and re-imort it to DAZ studio. But this won't be easy for a character like the I Bot. Is there a fix for this problem?
Attachments
INanny.jpg
Intel Core i7 3960X, X79A-GD65 (8D) (MS-7760), 32 GB DDR3-SDRAM G.Skill,
Asus GeForce GTX 3060 12GB, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

Nihil sum sine sole.
MyRho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Broke geometry...

Postby bmosalt » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:42 am

bmosalt Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:42 am
MyRho wrote:Found some strange issues in Octane 3.07

This happens quite often for me, mainly when I use parented props. After trial and error I found that sending the render to "Final" and then ending Final will usually resolve the problem with the offset props. Not sure about the neck though.
bmosalt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hydra » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Hydra Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:28 pm
MyRho... That happens to me quite often. In the preview window, I just do a "Rebuild Scene", and the geometry/positioning will correct itself.
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby itou31 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:04 pm

itou31 Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:04 pm
Hydra wrote:MyRho... That happens to me quite often. In the preview window, I just do a "Rebuild Scene", and the geometry/positioning will correct itself.

Yes same issues for me, and rebuild scene helps to correct the position.
I7-3930K 64Go RAM Win8.1pro , main 3 titans + 780Ti
Xeon 2696V3 64Go RAM Win8.1/win10/win7, 2x 1080Ti + 3x 980Ti + 2x Titan Black
itou31
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 am

face_off Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 am
Found some strange issues in Octane 3.07.
I've bought "I Bot Nurse" for Genesis 3 from Pamavo on Renderosity. When I try to render her in her zero-pose all seems to be ok but after applying a pose (doesn't matter which one) the geomety is broken in the octane viewport/render.
When I render her in IRay there are no problems at all but there seem to be some problems for the oc-plugin to read the geometry.
This happened before (in earlier versions) for some smart/parented props (e.g. some weapons for the left or right hand) - In those cases I found a workaround - I hade to load the prop, export it to 3DSMax, center the origin and re-imort it to DAZ studio. But this won't be easy for a character like the I Bot. Is there a fix for this problem?
If you can reproduce this issue on a simple prop which doesn't need to be purchased from the DAZ store, I can take a closer look.

I have noticed that changing Render settings in the Octane main settings pane does not always get reflected in the Viewport. Actually, I cannot force the Viewport to use the Octane Main panel settings when those are changed, meaning the entire scene needs to be reloaded in order to change the Viewport render settings.
I have noticed this too when you change the kernel type from Direct Lighting to something else. At this stage there is no solution other than the work-around you are using - sorry.

The "Path settings" are not always retained from one Daz session to the next. I'll save some custom paths for the "Project" and "Default," but they randomly get replaced by Octane default values over time.
Deleting C:\Users\[username]\OctaneRender\Data\OctaneRender_settings.oczdb should resolve this issue.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby cyprine » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:50 am

cyprine Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:50 am
using octane 3.5.3.30 plug-in in daz4.9
issue with geometry building hang up:

i have a scene from which i save a sub-set. i load a new scene, load the sub-set, and try to render. the viewport seems blocked in the geometry building phase.
from that point on, i cannot render with octane, even with a new scene consisting of only a primitive cube.
i have to shut down daz, load & render a simple scene (a primitive) then only can i load my composite scene & render properly.
this has happened on multiple occasions when compositing a scene from different sub-sets (although not very often).
cyprine
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:44 am

face_off Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:44 am
i have a scene from which i save a sub-set. i load a new scene, load the sub-set, and try to render. the viewport seems blocked in the geometry building phase.
from that point on, i cannot render with octane, even with a new scene consisting of only a primitive cube.
i have to shut down daz, load & render a simple scene (a primitive) then only can i load my composite scene & render properly.
this has happened on multiple occasions when compositing a scene from different sub-sets (although not very often).
May I suggest trying with the latest STABLE version of the plugin. If the problem is still there, can you pls send me a simple sub-set using primitives which demonstrates the problem.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby cyprine » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:42 am

cyprine Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:42 am
updated to the latest version, no problem so far. (apart from the subset's objects facing - that a scene rebuild fixes).
cyprine
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio