OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Postby rajib » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:02 am

rajib Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:02 am
rajib wrote:
face_off wrote:Following is a pre-release built with Octane 3.06 TEST 4. This version will hopefully resolve the Normal mapping issue people have had with the previous 3.06 builds.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Will try this out. I was having the issue with the normal mapping with the previous one.

Paul, I can confirm the latest one compiled against Octane 3.06 TEST 4 seems to have solved the normal issue. I am not getting the same issue I was getting in the one compiled against TEST 3. Thanks for the update. The adaptive render does seem to help speed up the render. Btw. where are the new Add/Subtract/Comparison/Triplanar texture nodes ? Can't seem t locate them in the plugin. Maybe I will overlooking something. The camera parameter changes I am able to use.
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 pm

face_off Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 pm
Btw. where are the new Add/Subtract/Comparison/Triplanar texture nodes ?
I will add these in the next release.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rajib » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:59 am

rajib Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:59 am
face_off wrote:I will add these in the next release.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Have been looking for the add/subtract functionality for a long time and it is good to see Octane has finally added it and you will be adding the functionality to the Octane plugin.
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:45 am

TRRazor Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:45 am
For those amongst you, looking to find information on adaptive sampling (which can greatly cut rendering times, if used with the right settings) check out inlifethrill's well-written easily digestible essay: https://inlifethrill.com/adaptive-sampl ... ne-render/

It is particularly useful, when you have scenes which - in some areas - are a lot noisier than in other areas. With adaptive sampling, you can clear that noise faster.
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Laticis » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:04 am

Laticis Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:04 am
Hi Notiusweb,

Thank you for letting me know that.

I haven't had a chance to do any more work or testing since my last post and I have one more week before heading off on holiday for two weeks.
So say the least my system has been frustrating me to no end and looking forward to resolving it.
Thanks to your post at least now I know it's definitely not a hardware issue.

Notiusweb wrote:
Laticis wrote:
Leonides02 wrote:I'm afraid I'm no help, but thanks for the info. I have a new PC on the way. I'd better avoid those automatic updates for awhile.

It could just be my PC, more so related to the Titan Z's part that's what sucks, I just can't find the root cause, only crashes.
Originally I thought it was the DAZ Studio update.

Installed 378.66-desktop-win10-64bit-international - Iray is now working but instant BSOD when opening up Octane standalone.

This is the error: VIDEO-TDR-FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

We should probably touch base with developer of Main build, I have Titan Z and experienced crashes with latest version of Octane and latest Nvidia drivers. Once I rolled back to 372.90, no crashes, but anything after crashes BSOD on Daz with OcDS plugin and standalone. I am using Win 7 and only had the crashing when I had my rig going with all 6 Titan Z cards powered on (If I had 3, for example, no issue...and any Titan X's aren't a problem either. And it happens at app startup). But the fact that it works with some drivers and not others tells me that the CUDA 8 implementation is involved somehow (think it came after 372.90.) Have you touched base with Abstrax in the main standalone build forum?
Laticis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby MyRho » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 pm

MyRho Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 pm
Hi.

For me the build 3.6.3.32 is way sloooooow....
I didn't understand how to set up all that Adaptive Sampling, new Bokeh pins, new Pano Camera DOF pins stuff. And I have to admit I really don't know what to do with those features :-)
But I've found that (happened in earlier versions also) sometimes octane simply doesn't accept or recognise if I change the camera or pose or whatsoever in the viewport in DS. Whenever I open the octane viewport and start rendering octane does render the last scene rendered before - it doesn't use the new camera or pose.
Tried to do a force reload or a reload of my scenes but in most cases (after a looooong time of re-loading) all the textures are gone and every thing is just black - or octane crashes while reloading the scene.
In 3.6.3.32 I've found that the viewport is acting very slowly if I use a HDRI and change the x- y- z- axis. In the earlier versions I could see the effect immediately but now I can see many artifacts when I "move" the HDRI and octane seems to freeze but after 20 or 30 seconds it starts rendering again.

So I went back to 3.5.3.31 which is running fine on my computer.
Intel Core i7 3960X, X79A-GD65 (8D) (MS-7760), 32 GB DDR3-SDRAM G.Skill,
Asus GeForce GTX 3060 12GB, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

Nihil sum sine sole.
MyRho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:20 pm

face_off Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:20 pm
Tried to do a force reload or a reload of my scenes but in most cases (after a looooong time of re-loading) all the textures are gone and every thing is just black - or octane crashes while reloading the scene.
What does the System->Octane Log panel report when this happens pls?

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Notiusweb » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 am

Notiusweb Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 am
Hi Paul, I just realized something when I was recently asking you for the whole expanded-background image carry-over thing in place of the 'Visible Environment'.
I was making the alternative too complicated...

Can you add this option, which the standalone has, I'm imagining just make it consistent with what the standalone does. Same abilities, same limits:

Octane PNG.jpg

As far as the questions about should there be scaling/stretching/cropping, and whether it would confuse the person who thinks they could save it, etc, it could do/work just like the standalone, and only serve as a tool to help the user shape the render against the flat 2D background image the saved PNG will be composited against, outside of OcDS.
The image would never be carried over from Daz and never be exported out of OcDS, and never would be considered as part of the render by OcDS.

Could this work? Thinking more reasonable idea given everything is in standalone already.

Thanks again!
Notiusweb
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Laticis » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 am

Laticis Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 am
I performed another clean sweep for Nvidia Drivers today, installed 378.92-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql, Octane Standalone 3.04.5 crashes in the first few minutes....GPU gives

Feeling very confident now that this is Driver Issue related.
Laticis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:29 am

face_off Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:29 am
Hi Paul, I just realized something when I was recently asking you for the whole expanded-background image carry-over thing in place of the 'Visible Environment'.
I was making the alternative too complicated...

Can you add this option, which the standalone has, I'm imagining just make it consistent with what the standalone does. Same abilities, same limits:
That Octane Standalone feature is not part of the Octane API, so does not really change the situation - sorry.

I performed another clean sweep for Nvidia Drivers today, installed 378.92-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql, Octane Standalone 3.04.5 crashes in the first few minutes....GPU gives

Feeling very confident now that this is Driver Issue related.
I haven't seen other reports of this - so my guess is this is a hardware issue. Have you tried underclocking your card (as per the link in my signature)?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio