OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Postby RGUS » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:29 am

RGUS Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:29 am
face_off wrote:
If you mean that double ended arrow come windows paint icon, it's makes no difference if it's on or off, both return the original 800x1200 render size.

Maybe I just need to put up with it and not waste your time. sorry for this.
I haven't been able to reproduce your problem, but it's unclear the specific steps you are taking which lead to the issue. I started DAZStudio, added a cube, opened the "OctaneRender Main" panel, opened the "Viewport", clicked "Switch Render Size" so it was set to "Viewport size, render setup", then moved the Rendersettings sliders and the resolution changed in the Viewport window title.

Can could try deleting C:\Users\[username]\OctaneRender\Data\OctaneRender_settings.oczdb to reset your plugin back to defaults and see if that helps.

Paul

Deleted the settings file and chose my custom 800x1200 dimension render setting that I had earlier saved to a file. Open the "Viewport" clicked "Switch Render Size", matched the preview , changed the sliders to large size. nothing happened. Same thing.
But....
If I select the'default Rendersetting" in the 'Rendersettings" tab interface and repeat the process, the render vieport changes to match the new slider size.
I'll create a new custom settings from scratch and try again.

As is, everything set to default works fine, so it's not a Octane or plugin fault so long as I stay with default settings.
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hydra » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Hydra Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:08 pm
I'm having troubles with creating an Instance of an object. I bought Mykonos from Daz, and one of the vases at the back of the courtyard seems to have the leaves offset down... a lot.
https://www.daz3d.com/mykonos

So... the original vase has 2 children... a plate and a Palm. The instance of it is screwed up with the Palm lowered down.

I unparented the children, and created a new instance of each of them, and was able to create the correct vase with children. But this seems buggy to me, not to mention a bit clunky. It might not be obvious if you don't look for it.
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sorel » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Sorel Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:04 pm
Is octane displaying info incorrectly or am I just not understanding something. I have 2 1080s. I know the memory doesn't combine why it it showing I've used up almost all of the vram. One 1080 has 8gb of vram but according to this, I've only used 3760 vra, but only have 809 left out of 8192?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (3.89 KiB) Viewed 6280 times
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:12 pm

face_off Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:12 pm
Is octane displaying info incorrectly or am I just not understanding something. I have 2 1080s. I know the memory doesn't combine why it it showing I've used up almost all of the vram. One 1080 has 8gb of vram but according to this, I've only used 3760 vra, but only have 809 left out of 8192?
I suggest comparing with Octane Standalone to see what it reports from your cards.

I'm having troubles with creating an Instance of an object. I bought Mykonos from Daz, and one of the vases at the back of the courtyard seems to have the leaves offset down... a lot.
https://www.daz3d.com/mykonos

So... the original vase has 2 children... a plate and a Palm. The instance of it is screwed up with the Palm lowered down.

I unparented the children, and created a new instance of each of them, and was able to create the correct vase with children. But this seems buggy to me, not to mention a bit clunky. It might not be obvious if you don't look for it.
Parented instances seem to be a little buggy to me - due to some issues with DAZStudio. You solution is the recommended way to get these instances rendering correctly.

As is, everything set to default works fine, so it's not a Octane or plugin fault so long as I stay with default settings.
I suspect there is an issue with whichever "non-default" kernel you are using - where it is unlinking from the resolution sliders. I will take a look when doing the next release, however I have investigated similar issues in the past, and not been able to pin down the exact cause, so not been able to provide a solution.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Sorel » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Sorel Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 pm
So this keeps happening with this outfit specifically. I'm not sure why

16:50:22.625: +++++ Plugin running.
16:51:44.687: could not find file or directory 'C:\Users\Andi\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Textures\Didier\Explorer Suit\Maps\Didicloak&sheath_n.jpg'
16:51:44.687: could not find file or directory 'C:\Users\Andi\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Textures\Didier\Explorer Suit\Maps\Didicloak&sheath_h.jpg'
16:51:44.687: could not find file or directory 'C:\Users\Andi\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Textures\Didier\Explorer Suit\Maps\Didicloak&sheath_d.jpg'
16:51:44.930: could not find file or directory 'C:\Users\Andi\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Textures\Didier\Explorer Suit\Maps\Didicloak&sheath_n.jpg'
16:51:44.930: could not find file or directory 'C:\Users\Andi\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Textures\Didier\Explorer Suit\Maps\Didicloak&sheath_d.jpg'
16:51:44.930: could not find file or directory 'C:\Users\Andi\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Textures\Didier\Explorer Suit\Maps\Didicloak&sheath_h.jpg'

The directories haven't moved so I dont know why it wouldn't be able to find the textures. Happens whenever I load a scene with this outfit
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:23 pm

face_off Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:23 pm
16:51:44.687: could not find file or directory 'C:\Users\Andi\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Textures\Didier\Explorer Suit\Maps\Didicloak&sheath_n.jpg'
I suspect the '&' is causing the issue. Try renaming those texturemaps and changing the references in the scene and see if that resolves the issue.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Sorel » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:46 pm

Sorel Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:46 pm
face_off wrote:
I suspect the '&' is causing the issue. Try renaming those texturemaps and changing the references in the scene and see if that resolves the issue.

Paul

That was indeed the problem, thanks!
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rashadcarter » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 pm

rashadcarter Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 pm
What is going on here? I have no problem running Octane for Carrara using my Titan Blacks but it seems that for some reason Octane for Daz Studio doesn't recognize my Titan Blacks even though it can see them over on the left side of the screen. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Octane for Daz Studio Problem.jpg

SOLVED!!!!!
Driver issue. Embarrassing. We'll just pretend this didn't happen.
rashadcarter
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 am

rajib Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 am
Hi Paul,

Will we be getting a test build of the Daz plugin against the 3.07 TEST x series soon ?

Btw. have a feature request. I had asked for this before using slider control but I think there is a better approach which should be more intuitive for us. Can you add a 'Octane Sun' (basically a distant light named 'Octane Sun') to a scene automatically and use its position to control the position of the Sun in Octane (Day light Environment) ? That would make it very intuitive for us to position the sun as we want it. We would select the 'Octane Sun' as the camera to position the sun as we would like it.

The plugin should be able to read the 'Octane Sun' distant light position and use that to place the Octane sun.

OctaneSun.png
Add a distant light as 'Octane Sun'

OctaneSun2.png
Will allow us to select the 'Octane Sun' distant light and position it using the gimbal

OctaneSun3.png
E.g. high on the horizon

OctaneSun4.png
Or low on the horizon etc.

OctaneSun5.png
Position it from front or back or the sides, etc.

This will allow us precise control over the sun and allow us to light the scene in an intuitive manner.

Script for adding the Sun automatically - You can use this as a reference for the C++ code of the plugin:

(function(){

var OctaneSunLight = new DzDistantLight();
OctaneSunLight.setName("Octane Sun");

//OctaneSunLight.findPropertyByLabel("Intensity").setValue("0.8");

Scene.addNode(OctaneSunLight);

// Finalize the function and invoke
})();

Octane Viewport does show this 'Octane Sun' under the 'Camera selection' as a 'Light Camera'. So I guess the plugin can already read any related properties and can set up the hook to update the sun position whenever the gimbal is used to change the direction of the 'Octane Sun' distant light.
OctaneSun6.png
Octane Sun as a Light camera appearing in the Octane ViewPort

Maybe under the 'Octane -> Environment Settings an option can be put - whether to use the 'Octane Sun' distant light or use the 'Sun Direction' settings. If 'Octane Sun' distant light is selected then the 'Octane Sun' distant light is automatically added and the position of that light camera is used to position the sun within the daylight environment.

Regards,
Rajib
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby garand3d » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:59 am

garand3d Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:59 am
Can you add a 'Octane Sun' (basically a distant light named 'Octane Sun') to a scene automatically and use its position to control the position of the Sun in Octane (Day light Environment) ? That would make it very intuitive for us to position the sun as we want it.

Thanks for coming forward with this, Rajib. I have been dreaming of this feature too for a long time, would absolutely LOVE to have this if it can be implemented.
Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2 x ASUS GTX TITAN BLACK, 6GB GDDR5 | Intel Core i7 3770K, 3.50 GHz | 32 GB RAM
MSI GT83VR SLI 7RF | Win 10 Home | 32 GB RAM
DAZ Studio Pro 4.10.0.123 | OR S.A. V3.01.1b | OCDS V3.8.2.39 | GeForce Driver 398.36
garand3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio