OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Postby garand3d » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:47 am

garand3d Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:47 am
Is it just with me or is this happening to other ppl as well?

I'm using 3.6.5.33, when I use HDRI to light my scene, set my projection to 'spherical projection', rotating the HDRI on any axis to any value other than 0 seems to confuse Octane's sample calculation. The scene is updating however I would get blotchy, spotty results until I make a change to the gamma value, which seems to force Octane to do the correct light calculation, then I would get the expected result.
Happens with most of my .hdr and .exr files, noticeably more severe on the latter format.
It's a minor annoyance, but a hassle nonetheless because it considerably slows my workflow. Does anyone know what's going on?

Another very minor annoyance, any change I make to the settings in the Preference tab is not saved when I quit DS. I turned off “Live” geometry update once on the Octane viewport, now Live update is always off by default, I would need to turn it on whenever I open the Octane viewport for the first time. Furthermore the option that says “Automatic geometry updates (“Live” mode)” in the Preferences tab is greyed out, I can't toggle it on or off.
Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2 x ASUS GTX TITAN BLACK, 6GB GDDR5 | Intel Core i7 3770K, 3.50 GHz | 32 GB RAM
MSI GT83VR SLI 7RF | Win 10 Home | 32 GB RAM
DAZ Studio Pro 4.10.0.123 | OR S.A. V3.01.1b | OCDS V3.8.2.39 | GeForce Driver 398.36
garand3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 am

face_off Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 am
I'm using 3.6.5.33, when I use HDRI to light my scene, set my projection to 'spherical projection', rotating the HDRI on any axis to any value other than 0 seems to confuse Octane's sample calculation. The scene is updating however I would get blotchy, spotty results until I make a change to the gamma value, which seems to force Octane to do the correct light calculation, then I would get the expected result.
Happens with most of my .hdr and .exr files, noticeably more severe on the latter format.
It's a minor annoyance, but a hassle nonetheless because it considerably slows my workflow. Does anyone know what's going on?
This is an Octane issue, and is fixed in Octane 3.06.2 - which I will post a plugin build for shortly.

Another very minor annoyance, any change I make to the settings in the Preference tab is not saved when I quit DS. I turned off “Live” geometry update once on the Octane viewport, now Live update is always off by default, I would need to turn it on whenever I open the Octane viewport for the first time.
Pls see FAQ question 8 - https://docs.otoy.com/DAZ_Studio_Plugin_Manual_HTML5/DAZPluginManual.htm#DAZ_Studio/DAZ_Studio_Plugin_Manual/FAQ.htm%3FTocPath%3DIntroduction%7C_____2

Furthermore the option that says “Automatic geometry updates (“Live” mode)” in the Preferences tab is greyed out, I can't toggle it on or off.
This setting is no longer relevant, so is permanently disabled.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby garand3d » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 am

garand3d Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 am
This is an Octane issue, and is fixed in Octane 3.06.2 - which I will post a plugin build for shortly.

Thank you, Paul. Looking forward to it.

That fixed it! Cheers!
Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2 x ASUS GTX TITAN BLACK, 6GB GDDR5 | Intel Core i7 3770K, 3.50 GHz | 32 GB RAM
DAZ Studio Pro 4.10.0.123 | OR S.A. V3.01.1b | OCDS V3.8.2.39 | GeForce Driver 398.36
garand3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SiliconAya » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:47 pm

SiliconAya Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:47 pm
Having a problem with Victoria 8, the eyelashes are now a prop and they also include part of the EyeMoisture, however the plugin doesn't have the EyeMoisture surface under that prop, only under V8, so it gets rendered with a default grey material.
Attachments
v8eyes2.png
v8eyes.png
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby garand3d » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:52 pm

garand3d Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:52 pm
Found another possible bug... I'm sorry if this has been reported before.

Changing any material type to 'specular' will :
1. Cause its Roughness and Opacity channels to be linked as greyscale. - Easy solution though, changing the “greyscale” of one channel to any other power type (RGB color, RGB Image, etc) will break the link between the two channels, you can then set the power type for either channel individually.
2. Set the initial Roughness and Opacity values at 0 (naturally, since they get linked) rendering whatever surface that has the material invisible in the Octane viewport, until you tweak the opacity that is.
garand3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 pm

face_off Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 pm
Having a problem with Victoria 8, the eyelashes are now a prop and they also include part of the EyeMoisture, however the plugin doesn't have the EyeMoisture surface under that prop, only under V8, so it gets rendered with a default grey material.
I am aware of this issue - and looking into it.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:27 am

face_off Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:27 am
Following is a TEST release of the next version of the plugin. If no issues are found with this release in the next few days, I will release it as the STABLE build.

- Compiled with Octane 3.06.4
- Fixed issue where the Genesis 8 figure EyeMoisture surface was rendering with a clay material
- Fixed issue where the plugin would stop saving Preferences settings. You will need to delete C:\Users\[username]\OctaneRender\Data\OctaneRender_settings.oczdb in order for this change to be applied
- Fixed issue where the Camera Bokeh controls were not live-updating the Octane camera
- Fixed issue where Perspective Correction and Spherical Distortion were not being set correctly when opening the Viewport

https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/c2/4f/c3/c0/OctaneRender_for_DazStudio_3_6_4_34_Win64.exe

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:38 am

face_off Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:38 am
Changing any material type to 'specular' will :
1. Cause its Roughness and Opacity channels to be linked as greyscale. - Easy solution though, changing the “greyscale” of one channel to any other power type (RGB color, RGB Image, etc) will break the link between the two channels, you can then set the power type for either channel individually.
2. Set the initial Roughness and Opacity values at 0 (naturally, since they get linked) rendering whatever surface that has the material invisible in the Octane viewport, until you tweak the opacity that is.
I do not understand what you are saying in points 1 and 2. Are you able to provide some screenshots showing the problem pls?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby garand3d » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:48 am

garand3d Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:48 am
I do not understand what you are saying in points 1 and 2. Are you able to provide some screenshots showing the problem pls?

Hi Paul,
Opacity and Roughness are connected to each other, meaning changes to one is mirrored to the other exactly.
It doesn't seem to affect all objects; this bottle prop happens to have the issue, as well as most Genesis3 characters' EyeMoisture for me.
Pls ignore what I said about having to change the material type to specular first to encounter this issue; it seems to affect surfaces that are converted to Glossy or Specular from the get go.
As you can see in the screenshots:
in #1 The bottle surface originally has Glossy material, I haven't changed anything to the surface's material settings at this point,
in #2 I change the material type to Specular, the issue remains. I tweak the Opacity slider and the Roughness slider follows exactly and vice versa.
in #3 is the same issue affecting Victoria 7's EyeMoisture

BottleOpacityRoughness_01.jpg

BottleOpacityRoughness_02.jpg
Attachments
Victoria7OpacityRoughness_03.jpg
garand3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:09 am

face_off Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:09 am
Opacity and Roughness are connected to each other, meaning changes to one is mirrored to the other exactly.
It doesn't seem to affect all objects; this bottle prop happens to have the issue, as well as most Genesis3 characters' EyeMoisture for me.
Pls ignore what I said about having to change the material type to specular first to encounter this issue; it seems to affect surfaces that are converted to Glossy or Specular from the get go.
As you can see in the screenshots:
in #1 The bottle surface originally has Glossy material, I haven't changed anything to the surface's material settings at this point,
in #2 I change the material type to Specular, the issue remains. I tweak the Opacity slider and the Roughness slider follows exactly and vice versa.
in #3 is the same issue affecting Victoria 7's EyeMoisture
I could not reproduce this issue with V7. I can you show me the DAZStudio shader for EyeMoisture? And can also send a screenshot after you click Nodegraph Editor for the EyeMoisture material pls?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio