OctaneRender 2 for DAZStudio [STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for DAZStudio [STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2.24.2 [STABLE]

Postby rajib » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:37 pm

rajib Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:37 pm
rajib wrote:
face_off wrote:Hi Rajib - the test version of the 2.25 build is at https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/62/2b/f2/c0/OctaneRender_for_DazStudio_2_25_0_16_Win64.exe. Does that version resolve your problem?

Paul

Hi Paul,

My apologies for the delay in confirming this. I will complete this test tonight and get back to you. I also noticed something interesting with the Ver 3 plugin in the same lines. All contents load properly except for V4 (Vicrotia 4) contents. Saving and opening them again, the textures go missing in Octane even though they are shown in the DAZ Viewport. Same missing content message shows up in Octane. I am creating a test scene with default contents to see if I can recreated it in another scene and will pass the scene file for you to check. Will provide step by step instruction.

Regards,
Rajib

Hi Paul,

I am happy to report that with the update you provide, the issue is resolved. I tested it and it is loading the material properly. Even those that I have saved using the Version 3.x of the plugin.
Many thanks for the update. This helps a lot.

Best regards,
Rajib

PS : The V4 texture issue I mentioned, I am about to test it again, will post the result under the 3.x plugin thread.
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2.24.2 [STABLE]

Postby rajib » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:19 pm

rajib Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:19 pm
rajib wrote:Hi Paul,

I am happy to report that with the update you provide, the issue is resolved. I tested it and it is loading the material properly. Even those that I have saved using the Version 3.x of the plugin.
Many thanks for the update. This helps a lot.

Best regards,
Rajib

PS : The V4 texture issue I mentioned, I am about to test it again, will post the result under the 3.x plugin thread.

Please ignore the V4 texture missing issue I mentioned above. I looked at my folders and found the problem. Now everything loads properly and there is no missing texture maps for any of the content. Thanks once again :) !
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2.25 [STABLE]

Postby Spectralis » Tue May 03, 2016 11:49 pm

Spectralis Tue May 03, 2016 11:49 pm
I'm still using OcDS R2.24.2.5 in DAZ Studio 4.8, Windows 8.1. The problem I'm having is with D-formers. I have a D-former on a wall which is animated to pull out the center of the wall like a large hump. In the OcDS viewport all the figures and objects in the scene update correctly in each frame except the d-former animation. The only way to update the frame correctly is to do a forced reload in the viewport. The deformed wall then updates correctly for that frame. It seems that unless I do a forced reload with every frame I can't render my animation. I have the plugin set to use a combined mesh in case this is relevant to my problem. Does anyone know how to fix this please?
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme, i7 3770k, 32GB RAM, 4 x GTX760 4GB, Win 8.1 x64.
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed May 04, 2016 12:33 am

face_off Wed May 04, 2016 12:33 am
I'm still using OcDS R2.24.2.5 in DAZ Studio 4.8, Windows 8.1. The problem I'm having is with D-formers. I have a D-former on a wall which is animated to pull out the center of the wall like a large hump. In the OcDS viewport all the figures and objects in the scene update correctly in each frame except the d-former animation. The only way to update the frame correctly is to do a forced reload in the viewport. The deformed wall then updates correctly for that frame. It seems that unless I do a forced reload with every frame I can't render my animation. I have the plugin set to use a combined mesh in case this is relevant to my problem. Does anyone know how to fix this please?
Can you send me a very simply scene which demonstrates this problem pls?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Spectralis » Wed May 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Spectralis Wed May 04, 2016 5:00 pm
face_off wrote:
Can you send me a very simply scene which demonstrates this problem pls?

Paul

Ok, I've removed all other figures and objects from the scene so it's just the room with the two D-forming walls (planes). I tested this scene but the d-formed animation won't update the viewport without a forced reload. The plugin doesn't seem to recognise the d-formed animation changes without the forced reload. I tried an uncombined mesh but that didn't solve the problem.

I've used OcDS mirror material on the walls and set the render to PMC to get the reflections I needed in the scene. I tried rendering using direct lighting to see if the viewport would update the d-formers in that mode but this didn't help.

I've zipped the scene duf file but how to I send it to you? Does this file contain all the models and information you need to replicate the scene? I've used a room model and the rest of the objects in the scene are planes.

UPDATE: I've PM'd the zipped file to you.
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri May 06, 2016 3:06 am

face_off Fri May 06, 2016 3:06 am
Ok, I've removed all other figures and objects from the scene so it's just the room with the two D-forming walls (planes). I tested this scene but the d-formed animation won't update the viewport without a forced reload. The plugin doesn't seem to recognise the d-formed animation changes without the forced reload. I tried an uncombined mesh but that didn't solve the problem.

I've used OcDS mirror material on the walls and set the render to PMC to get the reflections I needed in the scene. I tried rendering using direct lighting to see if the viewport would update the d-formers in that mode but this didn't help.

I've zipped the scene duf file but how to I send it to you? Does this file contain all the models and information you need to replicate the scene? I've used a room model and the rest of the objects in the scene are planes.

DAZStudio is not reporting that the plane that is being deformed has changed. SO there is no way to automatically pick up that the mesh needs to be reloaded. Probably the best solution is if I add a "Reload All Meshes Each Frame" option to the Animation panel - which you could tick to force the mesh reload each frame.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Spectralis » Fri May 06, 2016 4:02 am

Spectralis Fri May 06, 2016 4:02 am
face_off wrote:

DAZStudio is not reporting that the plane that is being deformed has changed. SO there is no way to automatically pick up that the mesh needs to be reloaded. Probably the best solution is if I add a "Reload All Meshes Each Frame" option to the Animation panel - which you could tick to force the mesh reload each frame.

Paul

Thanks for investigating this. I wonder why DAZ Studio allows the d-formers to be animated in Keymate but doesn't report these keyframe changes to OcDS? The d-former keyframe changes are visible in the DAZ viewport and render in iRAY. Maybe the d-former has to be turned into a morph parameter to be reported to OcDS like other morphs but I'm not sure how to do this? Adding the option you suggested will solve this problem. Will this option increase render times or not make any/much difference?
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri May 06, 2016 6:45 am

face_off Fri May 06, 2016 6:45 am
I wonder why DAZ Studio allows the d-formers to be animated in Keymate but doesn't report these keyframe changes to OcDS?
DAZStudio is reporting the mesh has changed - but the DAZStudio plugin does a double check to be absolutely certain the mesh did actually change - in order to minimise mesh reloads, and the result of this check is the it "thinks" the mesh didn't change (because the plugin does pick up that the deformer has deformed the mesh - since moving the deform might not actually result in a mesh change). Another solution is to simply remove the double-check, and reload all meshes that DAZStudio report have been changed.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Spectralis » Fri May 06, 2016 11:29 am

Spectralis Fri May 06, 2016 11:29 am
face_off wrote:
I wonder why DAZ Studio allows the d-formers to be animated in Keymate but doesn't report these keyframe changes to OcDS?
DAZStudio is reporting the mesh has changed - but the DAZStudio plugin does a double check to be absolutely certain the mesh did actually change - in order to minimise mesh reloads, and the result of this check is the it "thinks" the mesh didn't change (because the plugin does pick up that the deformer has deformed the mesh - since moving the deform might not actually result in a mesh change). Another solution is to simply remove the double-check, and reload all meshes that DAZStudio report have been changed.

Paul

Ok, I'll leave it up to you to implement the best solution.
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby itou31 » Sat May 07, 2016 8:04 pm

itou31 Sat May 07, 2016 8:04 pm
Hi Paul,

There seems to be a same issues of checking, when you move an instance (only when create a multiples instances) :
1) load a character and put hair (put it as child under character), wardrobe (put it as child under character)
2) make an instance of the character (with hair and wardrobe). Render OK. move it : render OK
3) make multiple instances of the same character (using Create/New Node Instances), move one of these instances, and render : Oh hair and wardrobe don't move with the character.
4) Need to rebuild the scene to render correctly.

This has the same bug in V3 of the plugin.
I7-3930K 64Go RAM Win8.1pro , main 3 titans + 780Ti
Xeon 2696V3 64Go RAM Win8.1/win10/win7, 2x 1080Ti + 3x 980Ti + 2x Titan Black
itou31
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio