OcDS UPDATE v1.0.113.2305 - OBSOLETE

Forums: OcDS UPDATE v1.0.113.2305 - OBSOLETE
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OcDS UPDATE v1.0.113.2305 - CURRENT

Postby orion_uk » Sat May 25, 2013 7:17 pm

orion_uk Sat May 25, 2013 7:17 pm
Hi larsmidnatt 8-)

Another thing I am noticing is that the render viewport isn't updating
AND
I have to restart to get it to show the changes

I am using 4.5 on my laptop for this video but, The same does happen on my desktop with 4.6 on. You dont have to sit through all the drag n drops (that's just for t_3 to see some of what mats do & don't apply), Just ffrwd to 7:14 to get the idea ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i2ZR50PvG4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

You can select a surface on the right side of the OR materials tab and it won't highlight the octane material on the left.

While I did not notice this (might have missed it), I did double click on a mat and when the NGE was open I was dragging a NEW Diffuse node on to the window when sudenly the mats `root node` just vanished!, sadly I had stopped screen cap at the time.

I am uploading a vid now for t_3 to see as it seems to be a mixture between the issue I was having with the Live db and what you are describing!

Note the changes applied to the surfaces in the before and after (Ds reboot) screen caps!

...(Excluding the water mat/map that I added after screen cap had stopped)...

EDIT:

Ok, since rebooting Ds and reopening this scene, I can NOT drag a mat from the live db on to a surface in the render window.. I get a black circle with a black line through it on my cursor :(

EDIT #2:

Rebooting Ds AGAIN did allow me to apply mats once more but they only showed up in the render window after yet another reboot of Ds.
Attachments
before Ds-reboot.PNG
Before Ds reboot..
After Ds-reboot.PNG
After Ds reboot..
http://www.Neil-Isted.com
Intel i7 870/2.93 GHz
RAM 16GB
1x Titan (6GB)
2x GTX 660Ti 2GB
Win10 Pro 64-bit
Carrara 8.5 Pro