Issues, wishes and status

Forums: Issues, wishes and status
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Issues, wishes and status

Postby 3dmania » Thu May 16, 2013 10:40 am

3dmania Thu May 16, 2013 10:40 am
Hello,

so I have no extensivily used the Octane Render plugin now for over 1 month and have a few requests and issues.

Issues:

- Massive ammounts of Octane Crashes.
his is by far the most annoying part of the plugin. Due to the ammount of crashes under DZ4.5, it has become a requirement to save the file after every change.

- Hidden Objects are not hidden in Octane
When I hide part of an object in DZ, the object remains visible in Octane. I only have the option to use opacity on surfaces, but in many cases the surface is used on the whole object. For example, I have a sportcar with a convertable roof. In DAZ I can hide the roof. However in Octane I can only set opacity to the whole roof, which turns the whole roof invisible, including the folded back part of the roof

-Using a morph sometimes resets materials
Sometimes when I change a morph on the body all of the custom materials get reset to default.....

Requests:

- A Autosave feature
I would like to have an autosave feature like in Luxrender, where a JPG/PNG Image is saved every xx minutes. The reason why I ask is that sometimes when I do large resolution images (4000px X 4000px) with PMC I have long render times of 4+ hours. If my leave my computer running all night, only to wake up and find out my computer crashed after finishing rendering. That is highly annoying.

- Saving materials locally (already requested)

- Better documentation!!

Unlike the Poser plugin, which seems to be getting a lot of love, I have not heard or seen any updates to the DAZ plugin in weeks. When can we expect the next update.
3dmania
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Issues, wishes and status

Postby orion_uk » Thu May 16, 2013 8:17 pm

orion_uk Thu May 16, 2013 8:17 pm
so I have no extensivily used the Octane Render plugin now for over 1 month and have a few requests and issues.

What version are you currently on, there have been a few updates, latest public release here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30373

Issues:

- Massive ammounts of Octane Crashes.
his is by far the most annoying part of the plugin. Due to the ammount of crashes under DZ4.5, it has become a requirement to save the file after every change.

t_3 has been working HARD to iron out some bugs, most of which are fixed and should resolve most (if not all) of your issues upon the next offical release, Maybe do some incremental saves of your projects until the next release ;)

- Hidden Objects are not hidden in Octane
When I hide part of an object in DZ, the object remains visible in Octane. I only have the option to use opacity on surfaces, but in many cases the surface is used on the whole object. For example, I have a sportcar with a convertable roof. In DAZ I can hide the roof. However in Octane I can only set opacity to the whole roof, which turns the whole roof invisible, including the folded back part of the roof

have you tried this: (see image below) for hiding stuff (from rendering, not viewport)..

-Using a morph sometimes resets materials
Sometimes when I change a morph on the body all of the custom materials get reset to default.....

Not something I have have had an issue with, t_3 will have see this and get back to you on this one.. maybe another user can confirm this also?

Requests:

- A Autosave feature
I would like to have an autosave feature like in Luxrender, where a JPG/PNG Image is saved every xx minutes. The reason why I ask is that sometimes when I do large resolution images (4000px X 4000px) with PMC I have long render times of 4+ hours. If my leave my computer running all night, only to wake up and find out my computer crashed after finishing rendering. That is highly annoying.

I hear you on this one. but, I see light at the end of the tunnel..and its not too far away ;)

- Saving materials locally (already requested)

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30426

- Better documentation!!

I think t_3 is working on improving the users experience and stabillity as a 1st priority, the rest will come later :)

Unlike the Poser plugin, which seems to be getting a lot of love, I have not heard or seen any updates to the DAZ plugin in weeks. When can we expect the next update.

I cant comment on that but I am sure it wont be much longer ;)
Attachments
try this.PNG
Have you tried this?
try this.PNG (2.31 KiB) Viewed 2351 times
http://www.Neil-Isted.com
Intel i7 870/2.93 GHz
RAM 16GB
1x Titan (6GB)
2x GTX 660Ti 2GB
Win10 Pro 64-bit
Carrara 8.5 Pro
Carrara - OR4C
OctaneRender™ for Blender
Ds pro
OR Standalone V4
Poser Plugin
orion_uk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dmania » Sat May 18, 2013 4:47 am

3dmania Sat May 18, 2013 4:47 am
Just curious. T_3 has not posted any update yet. Are you also working on the plugin?
3dmania
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby orion_uk » Sat May 18, 2013 11:01 am

orion_uk Sat May 18, 2013 11:01 am
While I am NOT directly working on the plugin, I am helping t_3 with a closed Beta but can not say much more than that at this stage, sorry :)
http://www.Neil-Isted.com
Intel i7 870/2.93 GHz
RAM 16GB
1x Titan (6GB)
2x GTX 660Ti 2GB
Win10 Pro 64-bit
Carrara 8.5 Pro
Carrara - OR4C
OctaneRender™ for Blender
Ds pro
OR Standalone V4
Poser Plugin