when I open the viewport my cards fails to load the scene correctly (please see the attached image).
This happen every time with almost every scene I try to load or create from scratch. Curiously, exporting the scene as an .obj, it works perfectly in Octane standalone.
I'm using DAZ 22.214.171.124 x64.
I hope there's a solution for this!
thanks for the screenshot - it clearly shows the problem: you have maxed out all available gpu memory.
why there is a difference between the plugin and the standalone is easy to explain: daz studio itself needs ram from the gpu to display its viewport (textures...), means there is less available vram to load the scene contents when using octane (via the plugin) and DS together.there are a few things to try to get a particular scene loaded without changing the scene itself
if this all still doesn't help, you need to somehow make the scene smaller
- if you use windows 7, and have not already done this: shutdown the aero service (needs 1-200mb gpu vram)
- close any other running program, that might need gpu resources (this indeed includes web browsers, that use gpu acceleration!)
- lower the DS opengl quality settings: in the main menu: edit > preferences > interface & drag the "texture resources" slider all way to the left (where it reads "performance")
- check the final render size; the larger, the more vram is needed just to display the final image
- maybe throw out some texture maps that are not important (bump, specular)
- use resized versions for some maps (esp. "image" type maps); normally there is no need to have 4k textures all over, esp. if rendering to much lower size.
- the last thing would be to lower the tri count; lower the mesh resolution to 0 (usually it is "1" = 1 times subdivided for all genensis stuff means 4 times the triangles)
if this all won't help, you need to either delete content from the scene, or grab yourself a card with more vram... sorry