- problems saving octane data into the scene under certain circumstances are resolved
- autofit resulted in a crash, primarily because of issues with triax weight conversion - should now work
- changing node types in the NGE could cause crashes under some circutmstances;
this issue is not yet completely resolved, at least it should no longer result in a crash.
in addition it was necessary to remove the image preview - this will be back with the next update (hopefully pretty soon)
- mismatched use of geometry resolutions caused by the "use base geometry" checkbox is resolved
- initial renderings falsely starting in "clay" rendering mode is resolved
- manually entering values into the width/height fields in the render settings tab will now work
- because of extended exception handling for octane errors, crashes should be less likely
- the viewport window title gives now additional feedback about render states and the current render size
- the octanelive state (activated/not activated, online/not online) is visually improved (check ... check )
- the various icons are now showing up dark/bright according to the themes' base colors
- the open (in fact "toggle") action from the "windows" DS main menu entry should now work
- naming of the actions in the "render" main menu is now clearly speaking out...
- some problems in the NGE if changing node types still need to be fixed; connecting new nodes externally to change the type should generally work;
- there is still some chance, that loading scenes crash DS;
i apologize for that and deepheartedly hate every single crash that occurs with the plugin; though it might need some time to get this pretty tricky part completely stable.
- trying to download livedb materials when offline will still silently fail;
in addition there is still the need to provide a mechanism, that allows to get octane/the plugin online manually (or at least trying to do so).
- the delete key is still always received by DS, even for situations where it would be useful to perform a delete action in the plugin - use with care
- fixes for the known isues o f c o u r s e
- provide independent camera views plus a camera-only locking mode
- keep some octane/daz camera values separated (i.e. focus distance) for better control
it's just a collection of lately discussed useful ideas, that most likely will find their ways into future updates.
bugfixing updates are usually not in-depth tested;
it might happen that problems re-occur, or even new problems may show up;
i do my best to not let this happen, but will favor faster releases over in-depth testing - at least for bugfixing updates.
- please use this link to downlad a Zip file containing the plugin dll's for 32/64 bit systems:
- intended to use ONLY with a previously done full install - WILL NOT WORK if used otherwise!
the supported DS version is still 188.8.131.52 and up.
HOW TO INSTALL?
- just unpack one of the included plordazs.dll files - according to your DS installation e.g. 32/64 bit - into the ...\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\OctaneRender\ directory,
and make sure to overwrite the existing .dll file; if you have troubles getting that done, please post here or write me a pm!