OctaneLive

Forums: OctaneLive
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneLive

Postby pfrancke » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:35 pm

pfrancke Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:35 pm
Hi T3,

Today I kept trying to drag live material onto a plane, but it just wouldn't take. Finally I noticed that under system tab (I think) there is a log, and the log said that the transfers/downloads kept failing. Then somewhere else I noted that it said I was activated but in an off-line mode.

I couldn't find a button to "go on-line". My internet is via satellite and is sometimes spotty, but firefox was working fine. Anyway, I saw the button to "update" octane live box and clicked on it. Immediately everything disappeared.

I started DAZ 4.5 and for a while couldn't figure out how to get Octane to come up, but saw "open main tab" (didn't say word octane anywhere) and that brought it back up.

But it won't do anything - it says:
"please check your installation"
Note: only one Plugin or activation instance can be active at the same time!

So I'm thinking that the plugin didn't completely crash. I'll try to kill it via task manager or perhaps reboot.

Anyway, just sharing in case this behavior is helpful in some fashion...
Windows 7, i7-3930K @3.2, 32GB ram, two 3GB GeForce GTX 580
pfrancke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneLive

Postby t_3 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:57 pm

t_3 Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:57 pm
pfrancke wrote:Hi T3,

Today I kept trying to drag live material onto a plane, but it just wouldn't take. Finally I noticed that under system tab (I think) there is a log, and the log said that the transfers/downloads kept failing. Then somewhere else I noted that it said I was activated but in an off-line mode.

I couldn't find a button to "go on-line". My internet is via satellite and is sometimes spotty, but firefox was working fine. Anyway, I saw the button to "update" octane live box and clicked on it. Immediately everything disappeared.

I started DAZ 4.5 and for a while couldn't figure out how to get Octane to come up, but saw "open main tab" (didn't say word octane anywhere) and that brought it back up.

But it won't do anything - it says:
"please check your installation"
Note: only one Plugin or activation instance can be active at the same time!

So I'm thinking that the plugin didn't completely crash. I'll try to kill it via task manager or perhaps reboot.

Anyway, just sharing in case this behavior is helpful in some fashion...
thanks for that!

- since being offline is usually only of interest if downloading live db materials, i will give some better feedback if the download fails (and why).
- add a way to go back online again; most probably the plugin will try this by itself if it notices being offline
- you are right with the naming: i'll add "OctaneRender" somewhere to the actions titles...
The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply

1x i7 2600K @5.0 (Asrock Z77), 16GB, 2x Asus GTX Titan 6GB @1200/3100/6200
2x i7 2600K @4.5 (P8Z68 -V P), 12GB, 1x EVGA GTX 580 3GB @0900/2200/4400
t_3

Return to DAZ Studio