ericg wrote:I got that shadows if I want to render the entire image at once. However, I need it via the alpha channel for compositing with other images.
Look at page 117 of the Octane render manual to see what I am trying to accomplish.
ericg wrote:Got it!.
1. Create a new plane (in this case representing the ground) to recieve the shadows. Set the material to matte.
2. Set Environment to HDR Texture Environment in the Lights Tab
3. Turn "alphachannel - ON" in the Render Settings Tab
4. Add your objects to the scene to cast the shadows
5. Create a sphere or other primative. Set the material emmission to "blackbody" (optionally set your power and temperateure).
6. Position your new "light source" where you want the light and shadows to occur. Move it out of the render frame.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests