OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Forums: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Postby Banti » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:11 pm

Banti Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:11 pm
Sorel wrote:
Hey that actually looks pretty good! Nice job.

Thanks, thats pretty much as far as I can take my simple diffuse/absorption shader.
But in the end, when your light is good, your skin will also look good. And lighting in closed
interiors is still a big challenge for me. I'm trying to get better all the time
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sorel » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:58 am

Sorel Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:58 am
Here is a half body render I did. Figured I should probably show how most of the skin looks on the body. I dont know if I like the included roughness maps. They appear to just be lightened black and white diffuse maps with some dark added to certain areas, though I dont know if that's how a roughness map for skin is supposed to be made.
Attachments
kent_half_body.png
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Banti » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:03 am

Banti Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:03 am
Sorel wrote:Here is a half body render I did. Figured I should probably show how most of the skin looks on the body. I dont know if I like the included roughness maps. They appear to just be lightened black and white diffuse maps with some dark added to certain areas, though I dont know if that's how a roughness map for skin is supposed to be made.

I think most roughness maps are derived from the specular map, sometimes they are just inverted. The problem with spec/roughness maps is that they are made with Iray in mind and need a lot of tweaking to look alright. I try to avoid using them alltogether and break up the specularity through the bump/normal map and micro bumps. The specularity on your model looks pretty nice tho.

Do you use texture maps for the sclera and eyes or just a color? Do you mind sharing the random walk depth settings for these?
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sorel » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:50 pm

Sorel Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:50 pm
Banti wrote:
Sorel wrote:Here is a half body render I did. Figured I should probably show how most of the skin looks on the body. I dont know if I like the included roughness maps. They appear to just be lightened black and white diffuse maps with some dark added to certain areas, though I dont know if that's how a roughness map for skin is supposed to be made.

I think most roughness maps are derived from the specular map, sometimes they are just inverted. The problem with spec/roughness maps is that they are made with Iray in mind and need a lot of tweaking to look alright. I try to avoid using them alltogether and break up the specularity through the bump/normal map and micro bumps. The specularity on your model looks pretty nice tho.

Do you use texture maps for the sclera and eyes or just a color? Do you mind sharing the random walk depth settings for these?

I can't exactly recall everything right now I can send you a .duf with the materials when I get home from work.
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Banti » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:54 pm

Banti Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:54 pm
Sorel wrote:
Banti wrote:

I can't exactly recall everything right now I can send you a .duf with the materials when I get home from work.

Thanks, that would be neat, I like comparing my shaders to see how other people go about it.
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to DAZ Studio