OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Forums: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Postby Banti » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Banti Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:25 pm
Simple Portrait

Portrait.png
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Tugpsx Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:36 pm
Looks good, which hair is that? What are your render settings?
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Banti » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Banti Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:49 pm
Tugpsx wrote:Looks good, which hair is that? What are your render settings?

Thanks. Its Haydina Hair: https://www.daz3d.com/haydina-hair-for-genesis-8-females

I am using Path Tracing with Agfacolor HDC 200 response curve. Everything else is pretty much default settings.
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:18 am

Tugpsx Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:18 am
Thanks for sharing. Are you doing promos? if not check this with Affinity Photo.
Save your current render settings and import this one. Let me know how it works out for you.

PortraitMod.png
With Affinity filters

PhotoMatch.orbx
Render settings
(39.84 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Banti » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:40 am

Banti Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:40 am
Tugpsx wrote:Thanks for sharing. Are you doing promos? if not check this with Affinity Photo.
Save your current render settings and import this one. Let me know how it works out for you.

PortraitMod.png

PhotoMatch.orbx

I am not familiar with Affinity Photo, i suppose its a photo editor? I do use Adobe Lightroom sometimes, this portrait is unedited tho. I looked at you settings and the only thing different is the highlight compression and a different response curve. The kernel settings are not saved into this file, at least not for me.
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby valzheimer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:47 pm

valzheimer Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:47 pm
I am not familiar with Affinity Photo, i suppose its a photo editor? I do use Adobe Lightroom sometimes, this portrait is unedited tho. I looked at you settings and the only thing different is the highlight compression and a different response curve. The kernel settings are not saved into this file, at least not for me.

There's an issue with ORBX files and importing/exporting them. It seems to not memorize Kernel Settings (except on the machine it's been exported from, until data folder is cleared/resetted), it also creates a mess with paths if you try saving the scene that had an ORBX environments and settings imported at the time of saving. This frustrated me so much I stopped using ORBX entirelly for saving settings and only use them if I have to go between the plugin and standalone on the same machine.
valzheimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:20 am

face_off Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:20 am
valzheimer wrote:

There's an issue with ORBX files and importing/exporting them. It seems to not memorize Kernel Settings (except on the machine it's been exported from, until data folder is cleared/resetted), it also creates a mess with paths if you try saving the scene that had an ORBX environments and settings imported at the time of saving. This frustrated me so much I stopped using ORBX entirelly for saving settings and only use them if I have to go between the plugin and standalone on the same machine.
I agree that saving to ORBX is not straightforward. The saving is basically just exporting the nodes within the Octane scene - and it's a mess - with a lot of nodes which are not actually being used in the render. I was unable to find a reasonable solution to this. Regarding not memorizing the Kernel settings, I think this is a general issue, and not specific to the saving to ORBX. I spent a lot of time trying to resolve this issue, but could never get to the bottom of it unfortunately.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby valzheimer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:41 am

valzheimer Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:41 am
face_off wrote:
valzheimer wrote:

I agree that saving to ORBX is not straightforward. The saving is basically just exporting the nodes within the Octane scene - and it's a mess - with a lot of nodes which are not actually being used in the render. I was unable to find a reasonable solution to this. Regarding not memorizing the Kernel settings, I think this is a general issue, and not specific to the saving to ORBX. I spent a lot of time trying to resolve this issue, but could never get to the bottom of it unfortunately.

Paul

I found a general flaw where when Orbx is imported, and then scene saved as .duf (scene or scene subset) and I found it mentioned here in the forum too, where it seems that OcDs gets confused with Daz folder hierrarchy (like how we save Product textures in Documents/Daz 3D/Content/Runtime/Textures/VendorName/ProductName/texture001.jpg) and cuts down the path at some point bouncing it to non-existing file location in assets/...texture001.jpg which I can only guess is some cached/temporary file.

I've had more luck with paths that aren't that long/burried inside the content folder but it was unreliable for sharing still. I have only had luck importing from Orbx if I don't change machines and don't reset Octane's data folder in C:/Users/Name/Octane Render folder, clearing the folder seems to break some of the saved things as well.

However, I *did* have luck sharing Render Settings including Kernel Settings between 3 machines with different content libraries by saving them into the .duf as scene files, ruling out Orbx use completely/not including Orbx. Downside of this, is scene files pick up all of the settings from Render Settings (Kernel + Camera Imager) and the Environment tab altogether, even more, duplicating that pesky "No Environment" node that can't be removed and gets stacked if it's saved as an additive/scene subset .duf. So, as to share Kernel Settings this way you'd have to create an empty Environment node that would load regardless (and vice versa, if you're sharing Environment it would share default/empty current kernel setup as well).

It is probably just wishful thinking on my part but it would be very helpful if we could completely clear the tab of settings we don't want to save at least giving us option to delete all of the options and not have residues. For some reason at some point I did have the *delete button next to No Environment but it disappeared after one of the resets I did and never opened back up for that again.

Edit to add: To my remark of removing residues: OR if we could at least see what is what in the .duf file, where Octane Data is all hardcoded altogether in a bunch of code even when .duf is decoded and we can't see what part of code represents what from the plugin. If this was somehow broken up in parts we could edit the .duf in text editor to remove things or a string of code we don't want included. I understand hardcoding the plugin is necessary because Octane isn't open source, but giving it some clarity in all the code would be so very helpful.
valzheimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Witpapier » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:40 am

Witpapier Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:40 am
Gimme your thoughts!!
Attachments
Maggie Dark_edited.jpg
RedSpec TGX for Poser / OctaneRender - OUT NOW visit http://redspec-sss.com/
Witpapier
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby birdovous » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:53 am

birdovous Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:53 am
Witpapier wrote:Gimme your thoughts!!

Umm... Very nice? ;)
Birdovous
Master: Core i7 2600K, 32GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX Titan X (SC)
Slave 1: Core i5 4460, 16GB RAM, 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
Slave 2: Core i7 9700K, 64GB RAM, 2x ASUS RTX 2080 Ti
birdovous
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio