OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Forums: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Postby face_off » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:03 am

face_off Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:03 am
Does the skin look to much like wax?
May I suggest holding off until the 2020.1 test release (available in the next week), which should have the Random Walk SSS medium, which should provide much better SSS for human skin.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Kanne » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:16 am

Kanne Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:16 am
face_off wrote:
Does the skin look to much like wax?
May I suggest holding off until the 2020.1 test release (available in the next week), which should have the Random Walk SSS medium, which should provide much better SSS for human skin.

Paul

Thanks for your replay. Glad to hear it will be that soon, looking forward to test it.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kanne » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:44 pm

Kanne Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:44 pm
Despite having troubles with seams and performance problems when woking with large node setups in the Daz GUI the results are getting better. At least i hope so :)

Susann48_3.png
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Banti » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm

Banti Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm
Kanne wrote:Despite having troubles with seams and performance problems when woking with large node setups in the Daz GUI the results are getting better. At least i hope so :)

Susann48_3.png

Lovely Render :)
Do you mind sharing you shader setup? I love looking at other peoples work and learn something new :)
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kanne » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:39 am

Kanne Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:39 am
Banti wrote:
Kanne wrote:Despite having troubles with seams and performance problems when woking with large node setups in the Daz GUI the results are getting better. At least i hope so :)

Susann48_3.png

Do you mind sharing you shader setup? I love looking at other peoples work and learn something new :)

Thank you. I bought this shader from the blender market https://blendermarket.com/products/skin ... ane-render adpated it to Daz3D and made a few changes / adjustments / rearrangements. I got rid of the cavity-map handling in the shader for two reasons. First Daz3D models usally don't come with cavity-maps. You can create curviture maps from normal maps with tools like Knald, but tbh i dont havn't any experiance with this kind of maps and i'am not sure if they are the same or not. Maybe in the future i will take my time to look into that topic and give it a try. Second, the node setup is quite large and it seems the node graph editor in Daz3D has problems to handle that much. The UI gets really slow and sometimes even crashs. Maybe i have bad settings, but havn't found anything to fix it currently.
Another downside of the shader is the use of high density values in the scattering nodes which cause faceting (mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=73989). I recently opened an issue at otoy for that. I hope they can provide some help with that problem.
For the node-setup, since this shader is bought i guess i'am not allowed the share the detailed node setup because of legal reasons. Sorry. But i think i could give a brief overview if you would like.

Kind regards.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Banti » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:24 pm

Banti Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:24 pm
Kanne wrote:
Banti wrote:

The attachment Susann48_3.png is no longer available

Thank you. I bought this shader from the blender market https://blendermarket.com/products/skin ... ane-render adpated it to Daz3D and made a few changes / adjustments / rearrangements. I got rid of the cavity-map handling in the shader for two reasons. First Daz3D models usally don't come with cavity-maps. You can create curviture maps from normal maps with tools like Knald, but tbh i dont havn't any experiance with this kind of maps and i'am not sure if they are the same or not. Maybe in the future i will take my time to look into that topic and give it a try. Second, the node setup is quite large and it seems the node graph editor in Daz3D has problems to handle that much. The UI gets really slow and sometimes even crashs. Maybe i have bad settings, but havn't found anything to fix it currently.
Another downside of the shader is the use of high density values in the scattering nodes which cause faceting (mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=73989). I recently opened an issue at otoy for that. I hope they can provide some help with that problem.
For the node-setup, since this shader is bought i guess i'am not allowed the share the detailed node setup because of legal reasons. Sorry. But i think i could give a brief overview if you would like.

Kind regards.

Funnily enough i bought this exact shader 2 month ago ^^
But i never really got it to work like i wanted because of the reasons you already mentioned. The GUI gets very laggy and there are maps that i just never use.
I usually use my own shader that is a very basic specular/high density one. But as you said the current faceting/seam problems make the current plugin version obsolete
for me. I hope they fix this quickly because the RTX acceleration in the 2020 version is something i dont want to miss :)
But if you can give a brief overview of how you got this shader to work i would very much appreciate it :)

This is my skin shader. I only started working with Octane and DAZ for that matter 3 month ago so its really very basic.
1.png
My very basic skin shader

random.png
Random Walk Skin
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kanne » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Kanne Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:29 pm
Banti wrote:

Funnily enough i bought this exact shader 2 month ago ^^
But i never really got it to work like i wanted because of the reasons you already mentioned. The GUI gets very laggy and there are maps that i just never use.
I usually use my own shader that is a very basic specular/high density one. But as you said the current faceting/seam problems make the current plugin version obsolete
for me. I hope they fix this quickly because the RTX acceleration in the 2020 version is something i dont want to miss :)
But if you can give a brief overview of how you got this shader to work i would very much appreciate it :)

This is my skin shader. I only started working with Octane and DAZ for that matter 3 month ago so its really very basic.

I opened the orbx file from the marketplace in the standalone and rearranged the nodes to make a sense of it all. Following the setup i rebuild it in Daz by hand to try and learn a thing or two. After finishing it and having i few tests with it i got rid of the cavity parts to reduce the node count. It's still a bit laggy but more handable. I painted my own transmission map / mix map. I tried the transmission map from the redspec shader but they dont work pretty well together. Dispite that, and the other issues mentioned, i didnt had really problems to get it working.

I've been messing around with random walk as well. Had quite acceptable results, but not as good as this shader. I will look into random walk again.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby UHF » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:51 pm

UHF Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:51 pm
Not my first render... just sharing. Its meant to be Asuka Langley from Evangelion.
Attachments
AsukaLangleyIsAngryb.jpg
Asuka Langley Is Angry
UHF
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Banti » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:23 pm

Banti Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:23 pm
Just some random medieval clothing i thought looked quite nice.
Attachments
1.png
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:59 pm

Tugpsx Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:59 pm
Dusting off some old scenes, This one dates back to 2005 with an update in 2008. Loaded the scene and applied RedSpec materials to M3 with great results.
M3DazOctanerender.JPG
M3 with RedSpec materials Daz OctaneRender
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio