OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Forums: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OcDS FIRST RENDERS - FIRST PRIDE :) post here...

Postby rajib » Fri May 11, 2018 5:07 pm

rajib Fri May 11, 2018 5:07 pm
Notiusweb wrote:
Image077_UHD_01.jpg

500 s/px

Looks nice. Like the glint in her eyes.
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SparkieShock » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:58 am

SparkieShock Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:58 am
Here's my first render with Octane .. I made a short animated flyby of the Enterprise. It took me hours to light that model. I've done a similar thing with IRAY but it didn't look anywhere near as good as this. I actually f****d up the sample count .. was aiming for 1000 per frame but I set it to 60 seconds per frame and got a much lower sample count ... but it still looked awesome.

It's just too bad the Glare flares didn't render onto the alpha channel mask .. they stop at the edge of the model. I rendered the ship as an alpha and put in a simple background using a ken burns effect to make it look like the stars are moving a bit.
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] Enterprise Fly By.m4v [ 16.69 MiB | Viewed 15878 times ]

Win 10 Pro Edition - Intel i0 10900X - X299 MB - 128GB's KINGSTON FURY 3200 RAM - 2x RTX A6000 GPU's - 1300 Watt Power
DAZ3D - BLENDER - OCTANE STANDALONE and PLUGIN FOR DAZ - OCTANE PRIME for DAZ
SparkieShock
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Tugpsx Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:31 pm
Looks good, you are on the right track
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Grumly » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:02 am

Grumly Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:02 am

Hello!

I'm a photographer and my goal is to include my pictures of model shot in studio into 3D sets.

Here is my very first attempt with DAZ and Octane.

I have placed a plan into the 3D with my pictures as a textures (with Alpha)... and I have tried to make it perfect without having to go into Photoshop at the end... so everything is direclty the result in Octane.

The journey will be VERY logn to make what I want, but the first step looks promising.

Regards
Nicolas
Windows 10 Pro
Ryzen 3900x / 32Go Ram
1 x GForce RTX 2080Ti Founder Edition
1 x GForce 1080 Founder Edition
Grumly
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Tugpsx Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:03 pm
Very nice. Like what you have done with your model. A little les DOF would be good also. Good first try check your lighting without photoshop or some way of transferring the environment light on your model it looks a bit off. Pardon the image repost to illustrate the point.
markedup.jpg
Markup to show lighting issue
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sHTiF » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 am

sHTiF Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 am
This forum seems to be awfully quiet so here is one of my last renders just to hopefully make it going again. I am actually pretty new to DAZ (used Poser decades ago when it was made by Fractal Design) At the other hand I've been using Octane extensively for quite some time mainly in Houdini and Unity/Unreal always focusing on realistic skin materials and shaders.
Attachments
mirror.jpg
sHTiF
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby vbrabble » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:13 pm

vbrabble Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:13 pm
My First Render from DAZ using Octane. Now I need to figure out what is going on with the hair. I am blown away with the realism though.

Any tips, guide or tutorials to optimum settings would be appreciated.

VB
Attachments
Zepher test 1.png
vbrabble
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rajib » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:57 am

rajib Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:57 am
vbrabble wrote:My First Render from DAZ using Octane. Now I need to figure out what is going on with the hair. I am blown away with the realism though.

Any tips, guide or tutorials to optimum settings would be appreciated.

VB

Welcome to the Daz Octane forum :). Nice render. For the hair, look at the hair materials in the NGE (Octane Node editor). Looks like the hair has glossy materials. Look for Index of refraction (controls how much light is reflected back) in the glossy material and see what it is set too. Value of 1 is like a mirror. I would say use a value of around 1.6 to 1.8. You can play around with the settings to control the highlight on you hair. Also look at the Roughness setting. 0 Value will create concentrated highlights and the value of > 0 will start to spread the highlights. You can use your bump map here and then play with the power of it. Another setting to look at is the Specular. This controls the intensity of the highlights. Play around with its value to see how it affects the hair. Higher the value the more the highlight intensity. You can also use a texture map or use RGB Value to change the color of the highlights.

Once you get familiar with the above settings, then you can explore using a specular material mixed with a diffuse material and glossy material to add SSS (sub surface scattering) to the hair to make it look more realistic. You will need to use the Medium node and add absorption to the Diffuse node and scattering to the specular node. You can turn on the Fake Shadows in the specular node otherwise your render will go on for a lot longer. You can search for tonysculptor hair (or just hair) in the LiveDB to get a start. The more you experiment with the settings the more you will know what effects what in the render.

One last thing, if you hair has many surfaces, you will need to do the adjustment for each of the surfaces. You can copy materials from one layer to the other, but you may need to change the diffuse / bump / opacity / specular / etc maps back to what they should be for that layer. Copying material will copy the current maps overwriting the existing maps of the other layer. There is something called templating that will help you keep the original maps in the layers, you can search the forum for templating / template to see how to do that.
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pinarer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:21 am

pinarer Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:21 am
first pride :)
Attachments
pinareris-3d-fashion-editorial-lowres.jpg
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kanne » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:10 pm

Kanne Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:10 pm
Hi,

i'am trying to work on my own skin shaders and would appreciate some advice. I started messing arround with the redspec shaders and the tony sculpture shaders. Both are really great but have some disadventages in my opinion, for example the bluish fresnel like effect on the redspec shaders is to strong in my taste. So i started messing arround on my own and going slowly in a direction i'am happy with but there are still big problems i guess. I guess i'am already working to long on them to see everything wrong anymore, so i would appreciate if someone could point out some things and give advice if possible.

One thing i can't manage to achieve is really glowing ears without messing up the rest. For example in the first picture. The left ear is pretty much glowing unlike the right, which looks way to diffuse in my opinion, even if there is a really bright light source directly behind it.
On the second and third picture i'am kinda confused why the right eyebrow appears darker in a more lit area than the left one.
I'am wondering why there is no transition on the forhead like on the nose. I'am aware it wouldn't be that strong, but i expected at least a little transition. I think a skeleton below the skin, that would reflect light from the inside would help. Does someone know if the "V3 & M3 Skeletons (Upgrade from Skeleton)" from the Daz3D Shop could be transfered to a G8 female and if it could improve the overall look and feel of the skin?
Another thing that is giving me a headach are the colors of the skin and the hair. I'am not sure if the overall tone of the skin is to redish. Does the skin look to much like wax?

I'am working for quite some time now on this shader and maybe i lost myself in it and can't see obvious problems anymore. It would be nice if you could point out some things i have to take more into.

I attached the shader setup aswell for a little bit more insight.

Kind regards.
Attachments
BasicHairShader.png
BasicSkinShader.png
Susann40DL.png
Susann40HDRI_1_Denoised-beauty.png
Susann40HDRIStudio1_Denoised-beauty.png
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio