OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2022.1 - 202 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2022.1 - 202 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2022.1 - 202 [OBSOLETE]

Postby toby_a » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:31 am

toby_a Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:31 am
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for DAZ Studio - TEST (ie. pre-release) and STABLE releases.

SOLUTIONS TO COMMON ISSUES

1) Make sure your NVIDIA drivers are up to date.

2) Make sure you are running the latest version of the OctaneRender for DAZStudio plugin.

3) If you experience a DAZStudio crash - deleting C:\Users\[username]\OctaneRender\Data\OctaneRender_settings.oczdb may resolve the issue.
This also resolves the "COULD NOT INITIALISE IN-MEMORY DB!" error on startup and a number of other issues.

4) If the Save button is disabled when using the Final button - disable the Final button and in Render settings select the SuperScope (2:1) Size / aspect ratio and drag the Viewport height or width until you reach required resolution.

5) If rendering an animation fails after 11 frames - make sure the DAZStudio viewport is visible when you render the animation.

6) If Octane materials are not loading when you load a previously saved scene - tick Preferences->Load OctaneRender materials from .duf user presets. If ticking this option does not stick between DAZStudio restarts, delete OctaneRender_settings.oczdb as per NOTE 3 above.

7) If you get a "Could not save a frame for X times!" - please search the forum for potential solutions.

8) If you get a "Bogus Scene Path" error - this is due to having an apostrophe in the filepath of a texturemap (so store your textures in foldernames which do not have apostrophes).

9) Octane panel title bar is off the screen and cannot be closed - click anywhere on the Octane panel and then press Alt-F4.

10) Rendering animation results in the scene emitter intensities changing - this is because rendering animations is done in "Final" mode, where meshes are merged. To resolve this, UNTICK the Preferences->Use Combined Mesh, or ENABLE the Surface Brightness pin on each of the emission materials in the scene.

11) Denoiser is not working - make sure you have a graphics card selected for Denoising in the System tab->Open Device Settings window, and that you are using the Path Tracing kernel.

12) Render artifacts near eyebrows - this is due to the eyebrow geometry going inside the head mesh surface. So morph, move or scale the eyebrows so they do not intersect with the head mesh.

13) Octane panes do not appear on the screen (ie. they open off the screen) - Main Menu Bar->Window->Workspace->Select Layout->Accept (you might choose a different layout to the current layout to make this work).

KNOWN ISSUES AWAITING RESOLUTION

1) Panoramic camera and OSL nodes are not currently supported.
2) Templating is not currently working for specular and roughness maps from Iray materials. - FIXED (please report any issues)
3) UDIM Tiles are not currently supported. - FIXED (please report any issues)
4) Some of the newer OctaneRender material and texture types are not supported. - FIXED (please report any issues)
5) VDB volume and volumetric spotlight nodes are not currently supported.

DAZ Studio Version
DAZ Studio 4.8 or later on Windows 8, 10 or 11 64bit

To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped.
Also, make sure you use an Nvidia Studio driver of version 451.xx or higher.

Network Rendering

For Network Rendering, you must use the OctaneRender Enterprise Node release from the Octane Standalone forums/download page which matches the exact Octane version of the plugin you are using. This version matches OctaneRender Enterprise 2022.1 Render Node builds.

Support Issues
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win 8, 10, 11)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- DAZ Studio version
- OctaneRender for DAZ Studio version (e.g. 2022.1_202) and subscription type (Studio+/Prime)

- The most important part of resolving a problem is being able to reproduce that problem. So pls provide as much detail as possible in order for me to do this, and if the problem is specific to the scene, send me the scene.

Changes since 2022.1 - 201

• Fixed a crash that occurs when collapsing the inputs of a node when one if those inputs is connected to more than one of the node's pins.

Changes since 2021.1.6 - 89

• Based on OctaneRender 2022.1 - see viewtopic.php?f=24&t=80814 for what's new
  • The organization of available node types in the node list in the node graph editor has been changed to more-closely match OctaneRender Standalone
  • The colors used to display nodes have been changed to more-closely match OctaneRender Standalone

Download Links

Please feel free to report any issues you encounter.

Happy rendering
Your OTOY team
Last edited by toby_a on Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2022.1 - 202 [TEST]

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:57 pm

Hun73rdk_1 Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:57 pm
Also remember people that you can give feedback and get help on this discord server https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK Toby is there also.
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:22 pm

Hun73rdk_1 Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:22 pm
So where do i start Virtual Merc posted a hair shader on discord this one https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hader.orbx if i apply that to a hair and save scene and load it back up the shader is gone if i add the shader to my presets i cant apply it or even copy as new material.
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:04 pm

toby_a Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:04 pm
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:So where do i start Virtual Merc posted a hair shader on discord this one https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hader.orbx if i apply that to a hair and save scene and load it back up the shader is gone if i add the shader to my presets i cant apply it or even copy as new material.

Thanks for the report. I can reproduce this, investigating now.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby toby_a » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:08 am

toby_a Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:08 am
toby_a wrote:
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:So where do i start Virtual Merc posted a hair shader on discord this one https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hader.orbx if i apply that to a hair and save scene and load it back up the shader is gone if i add the shader to my presets i cant apply it or even copy as new material.

Thanks for the report. I can reproduce this, investigating now.

The problem was in the code for importing the material from orbx. The internal ID was assigned incorrectly leading to problems loading and saving the material. Should be fixed in the next release.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Tugpsx » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:18 am

Tugpsx Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:18 am
Thanks for the update.
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SiliconAya » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:22 am

SiliconAya Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:22 am
Another collapse inputs crash.

Collapse_Inputs2.png
Attachments
DAZStudio_error_report_221206-190925.zip
(144.43 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:58 pm

toby_a Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:58 pm
SiliconAya wrote:Another collapse inputs crash.

Collapse_Inputs2.png

Thanks. Can you please export the material that you were collapsing as orbx and PM me? And let me know which node you were collapsing.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby SiliconAya » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:36 am

SiliconAya Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:36 am
toby_a wrote:Thanks. Can you please export the material that you were collapsing as orbx and PM me? And let me know which node you were collapsing.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can, it was something new to the scene so it wasn't saved when it crashed and I kept working on the scene after the crash, so I can't remember what it was now. I've tried what I thought it was, but can't reproduce it.
What I do remember is that it was a auto-converted material and I did a 'Collapse inputs' on the base Glossy material node.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby toby_a » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:58 pm

toby_a Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:58 pm
SiliconAya wrote:
toby_a wrote:Thanks. Can you please export the material that you were collapsing as orbx and PM me? And let me know which node you were collapsing.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can, it was something new to the scene so it wasn't saved when it crashed and I kept working on the scene after the crash, so I can't remember what it was now. I've tried what I thought it was, but can't reproduce it.
What I do remember is that it was a auto-converted material and I did a 'Collapse inputs' on the base Glossy material node.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I'll have another poke at this area and see if I can shake loose another bug. Hope you didn't lose too much work!
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Next

Return to DAZ Studio