OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 68 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 68 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 68 [Test]

Postby toby_a » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:05 pm

toby_a Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:05 pm
SiliconAya wrote:Ah ok, makes senses, I'll turn it off. I haven't used the final button in years, I stopped using it at some point as there was no benefit. Now there's a reason(s) to use it. Although, not being able to tweak imager settings once you've pressed final is a pain, I've become used to tweaking the ones that don't restart the render whenever I want. Would that be something that could be allowed in the future?

That's a good point, I can't think of any reason you shouldn't be able to tweak settings in final render mode. I'll make a note to loosen up these restrictions at some point.

SiliconAya wrote:When I said the same as when it's turned off, I meant exactly the same, they're identical for me. Also, the clothing I just tested it with today doesn't have SubD, not sure if the clothing from the previous render had SubD or not, but in this case view and render levels can't be different, because it's not using SubD. However, turning on "Interactive Update" does stop the issue from happening.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for confirming the workaround. I think the problem here is that I recently disabled live geometry updates in final render mode (it was causing problems with animations) but the way mesh smoothing works in Daz is it happens in the background, so by time it finishes the final render has already started and the smoothed geometry is ignored. What I'll do is to temporarily turn on Interactive Update while entering final render mode (the same thing that is already done when rendering animations).

Cheers,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 68 [OBSOLETE]

Postby toby_a » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:41 am

toby_a Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:41 am
A new version has been released: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=80067
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2021.1.5 - 68 [Test]

Postby toby_a » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:37 am

toby_a Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:37 am
SiliconAya wrote:Ah ok, makes senses, I'll turn it off. I haven't used the final button in years, I stopped using it at some point as there was no benefit. Now there's a reason(s) to use it. Although, not being able to tweak imager settings once you've pressed final is a pain, I've become used to tweaking the ones that don't restart the render whenever I want. Would that be something that could be allowed in the future?

I've just realised that it is actually possible to change the imager settings while in Final mode, but only by using the tabs on the right-hand side of the OctaneRender Viewport window. You should be able click on the "Camera Imager" tab and make changes. When you exit Final mode you should be asked whether you want to keep the changes you made or not.

Let me know if this meets your needs.

Cheers,
Toby.
toby_a
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to DAZ Studio