OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2-17.61 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2-17.61 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2-17.61 [Test]

Postby Kanne » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:27 pm

Kanne Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:27 pm
BK wrote:
Kanne wrote:Hi,

I have encountered various issues the past days and wanted to collect them here:

- Alembic export for animations crash's DAZ
- Scrolling in the texture tab might crashs / freezes the plugin
- When loading a scene RGB Image nodes with texture whose name contains the char '&' doesn't get loaded. After clicking "Replace all active maps" on the surface however replaced the image correctly.
- Rendering the first some objects still have the wrong orientation. Have to click Rebuild scene. (Thought this would have been fixed)
- Loading (not merging) different scenes after another where the same characters with the same materials / shaders are in, they seem to become duplicated and get another suffix.
- When merging scenes the "No environment"-node becomes duplicated and the duplicates can't be deleted.
- Documentation is way out-dated.
- NGE often doesn't load a material unless you drag around in the NGE viewport. Pretty annoying when you want to compare 2 materials against each other.
- Can't switch to system tab while rendering animations
- having setup a material for a surface and then changing the texture on the surface in daz creates a new material in octane instead of updating the current material / the node on the material that's templating this texture.

Pretty sure I read about some of those issues before, but I'm not sure whether of them were marked fixed or as to-dos, so I didn't know for which problem I should have created a bug report.
However, for more issues I encountered while trying to render animations. I opened another bug-ticket.

Hi Kanne,

Thank you so much for the lists!
For some issues, we would need everyone's help on steps to replicate them.
Would you please let us know which one of them does not have a workaround/show stopper so we can prioritize them?

cheers!

cheers

Hi,

"Alembic export for animations crash's DAZ"
=> As I can't render animations (viewtopic.php?f=145&t=79010) nor can I export them, that's a huge problem for me. I would have to render frame after frame manually. That's not a workaround for me because it's a massive time problem.

"Scrolling in the texture tab might crashs / freezes the plugin"
=> As OOC seems to work for single frame renders at the moment, the need for reducing texture sizes isn't that much relevant. Anyway, if it's not possible to fix the animation issue mentioned above a workaround could be reducing texture sizes and lower the sub-division level in order to be able to place the geometry twice in the available vram. However, reducing the sub-division level below 3 is no option either because of the faceting issue in octane's core engine.

The rest of the issues I mentioned are annoying but manageable. At least from my assumption that they don't cause any of the other issues.

I would gladly offer a screen-sharing session if that would be of any help.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2-17.61 [Test]

Postby BK » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:24 am

BK Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:24 am
Kanne wrote:
BK wrote:
Kanne wrote:Hi,

I have encountered various issues the past days and wanted to collect them here:

- Alembic export for animations crash's DAZ
- Scrolling in the texture tab might crashs / freezes the plugin
- When loading a scene RGB Image nodes with texture whose name contains the char '&' doesn't get loaded. After clicking "Replace all active maps" on the surface however replaced the image correctly.
- Rendering the first some objects still have the wrong orientation. Have to click Rebuild scene. (Thought this would have been fixed)
- Loading (not merging) different scenes after another where the same characters with the same materials / shaders are in, they seem to become duplicated and get another suffix.
- When merging scenes the "No environment"-node becomes duplicated and the duplicates can't be deleted.
- Documentation is way out-dated.
- NGE often doesn't load a material unless you drag around in the NGE viewport. Pretty annoying when you want to compare 2 materials against each other.
- Can't switch to system tab while rendering animations
- having setup a material for a surface and then changing the texture on the surface in daz creates a new material in octane instead of updating the current material / the node on the material that's templating this texture.

Pretty sure I read about some of those issues before, but I'm not sure whether of them were marked fixed or as to-dos, so I didn't know for which problem I should have created a bug report.
However, for more issues I encountered while trying to render animations. I opened another bug-ticket.

Hi Kanne,

Thank you so much for the lists!
For some issues, we would need everyone's help on steps to replicate them.
Would you please let us know which one of them does not have a workaround/show stopper so we can prioritize them?

cheers!

cheers

Hi,

"Alembic export for animations crash's DAZ"
=> As I can't render animations (viewtopic.php?f=145&t=79010) nor can I export them, that's a huge problem for me. I would have to render frame after frame manually. That's not a workaround for me because it's a massive time problem.

"Scrolling in the texture tab might crashs / freezes the plugin"
=> As OOC seems to work for single frame renders at the moment, the need for reducing texture sizes isn't that much relevant. Anyway, if it's not possible to fix the animation issue mentioned above a workaround could be reducing texture sizes and lower the sub-division level in order to be able to place the geometry twice in the available vram. However, reducing the sub-division level below 3 is no option either because of the faceting issue in octane's core engine.

The rest of the issues I mentioned are annoying but manageable. At least from my assumption that they don't cause any of the other issues.

I would gladly offer a screen-sharing session if that would be of any help.

Hi Kanne,

Thank you for your help.

Sure, could you please send an email to us via [email protected] to organize a screen sharing?
Also, please copy the *octane_log_flags.txt* under the Octane plugin path for example "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4".
It will generate *octane_log.txt* file, please share it with us to investigate!

cheers
Attachments
octane_log_flags.zip
(386 Bytes) Downloaded 125 times
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to DAZ Studio