OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2-17.61 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2-17.61 [OBSOLETE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2020.2-17.61 [Test]

Postby BK » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:30 am

BK Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:30 am
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your inputs.

We would pick the Strand hair with or without the dForce as soon as we fix the path issue viewtopic.php?f=145&t=78519.
We figure out that this happens when we have the Automatic material conversion enabled in the preference tab. If we manually convert the material then the path worked fine.

Quick question, we only have access to Mohawk strand hair examples. Please let us know if there are any other samples/hairstyles that do not work!
@ huakiami would you please PM the steps and a sample to replicate the templating issue?

For 3 and 4 we are able to replicate it on our side.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby OneManVN » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:15 pm

OneManVN Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:15 pm
BK wrote:Quick question, we only have access to Mohawk strand hair examples. Please let us know if there are any other samples/hairstyles that do not work!

I would be more than happy to provide 2-3 extra hairstyles for you to work with, from my own personal library of assets that I currently own. Please let me know if that would help ensure a more accurate "fix"
OneManVN
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:10 am

BK Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:10 am
OneManVN wrote:
BK wrote:Quick question, we only have access to Mohawk strand hair examples. Please let us know if there are any other samples/hairstyles that do not work!

I would be more than happy to provide 2-3 extra hairstyles for you to work with, from my own personal library of assets that I currently own. Please let me know if that would help ensure a more accurate "fix"

Hi OneManVN,

Thank you!! yep, it would be great to test on several samples.
Would you please PM me? We only use our user's files for internal testing and debugging only!

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby thricegift » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:44 pm

thricegift Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:44 pm
Thank you for continuing to support this plugin. I do have a quick question about the new versions. I was wondering if there is a list of new features/updates that comes with each version? I currently own version 4 and an unsure whether to update because I don't know what has been developed since v4 (and I do not have the time to read through 29 pages of discussion).

The only major complaint I had about the plugin, other than the various little bugs here and there, was the general lack of proper integration into the Daz Studio. For example, the viewport had to be floating and was not integrated into Daz's viewport. Also, it was not possible to pan or obit around an object in realtime (I had to stop moving my mouse in order for Octane to begin painting the viewport)... Little things like this were making a good workflow difficult. Have these been resolved yet? I would be curious to know. Thank you!

-Davide
thricegift
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:40 am

BK Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:40 am
thricegift wrote:Thank you for continuing to support this plugin. I do have a quick question about the new versions. I was wondering if there is a list of new features/updates that comes with each version? I currently own version 4 and an unsure whether to update because I don't know what has been developed since v4 (and I do not have the time to read through 29 pages of discussion).

The only major complaint I had about the plugin, other than the various little bugs here and there, was the general lack of proper integration into the Daz Studio. For example, the viewport had to be floating and was not integrated into Daz's viewport. Also, it was not possible to pan or obit around an object in realtime (I had to stop moving my mouse in order for Octane to begin painting the viewport)... Little things like this were making a good workflow difficult. Have these been resolved yet? I would be curious to know. Thank you!

-Davide

Hi Davide,

Thank you so much for getting in touch.
OctaneRender for DAZ is quite stable, however, as you know there are a few long-time minor/major bugs that we are still fixing.
Unfortunately, new Octane features can not be implemented yet due to these existing bugs.

Please try our latest prime build (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=78606) and let us know if the slow down still exists.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby cridgit » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:42 pm

cridgit Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:42 pm
Hi team

Just wanted to say thank you for this update; I too can confirm it fixes the issue making DAZ Studio hang when posing/animating a figure with a rigid follower node. Studio has become usable for me again.

One small observation: the download link points to a file OctaneRender_for_DazStudio_2020_2_5_61_PRIME but the version is installed correctly as 2020.2.17.61
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kanne » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:48 pm

Kanne Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:48 pm
Hi,

I have encountered various issues the past days and wanted to collect them here:

- Alembic export for animations crash's DAZ
- Scrolling in the texture tab might crashs / freezes the plugin
- When loading a scene RGB Image nodes with texture whose name contains the char '&' doesn't get loaded. After clicking "Replace all active maps" on the surface however replaced the image correctly.
- Rendering the first some objects still have the wrong orientation. Have to click Rebuild scene. (Thought this would have been fixed)
- Loading (not merging) different scenes after another where the same characters with the same materials / shaders are in, they seem to become duplicated and get another suffix.
- When merging scenes the "No environment"-node becomes duplicated and the duplicates can't be deleted.
- Documentation is way out-dated.
- NGE often doesn't load a material unless you drag around in the NGE viewport. Pretty annoying when you want to compare 2 materials against each other.
- Can't switch to system tab while rendering animations
- having setup a material for a surface and then changing the texture on the surface in daz creates a new material in octane instead of updating the current material / the node on the material that's templating this texture.

Pretty sure I read about some of those issues before, but I'm not sure whether of them were marked fixed or as to-dos, so I didn't know for which problem I should have created a bug report.
However, for more issues I encountered while trying to render animations. I opened another bug-ticket.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wader » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:55 pm

wader Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:55 pm
This is a long-standing issue with the DAZ Studio Octane plugin, but I wanted to confirm it's still open:

The LiveDB material names are often blank/just a dash and refreshing the db in-program does not fix the issue. It seems random, because sometimes the material names show after restarting Daz Studio.

Octanelivedbblanknames.jpg

Thanks!

- Windows 10 Pro
- 32GB RAM
- GTX-970, 2 x Titan X(Pascal)
- (always the latest Nvidia driver)
- DAZ Studio v4.16
- OctaneRender for DAZ Studio Enterprise 2020.2.17.61
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Ryzen 9 5950X | ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE | 64GB |{ASUS ROG Strix GTX 3090 24GB + (2x) Titan X Pascal 12GB}
wader
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:20 am

BK Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:20 am
Kanne wrote:Hi,

I have encountered various issues the past days and wanted to collect them here:

- Alembic export for animations crash's DAZ
- Scrolling in the texture tab might crashs / freezes the plugin
- When loading a scene RGB Image nodes with texture whose name contains the char '&' doesn't get loaded. After clicking "Replace all active maps" on the surface however replaced the image correctly.
- Rendering the first some objects still have the wrong orientation. Have to click Rebuild scene. (Thought this would have been fixed)
- Loading (not merging) different scenes after another where the same characters with the same materials / shaders are in, they seem to become duplicated and get another suffix.
- When merging scenes the "No environment"-node becomes duplicated and the duplicates can't be deleted.
- Documentation is way out-dated.
- NGE often doesn't load a material unless you drag around in the NGE viewport. Pretty annoying when you want to compare 2 materials against each other.
- Can't switch to system tab while rendering animations
- having setup a material for a surface and then changing the texture on the surface in daz creates a new material in octane instead of updating the current material / the node on the material that's templating this texture.

Pretty sure I read about some of those issues before, but I'm not sure whether of them were marked fixed or as to-dos, so I didn't know for which problem I should have created a bug report.
However, for more issues I encountered while trying to render animations. I opened another bug-ticket.

Hi Kanne,

Thank you so much for the lists!
For some issues, we would need everyone's help on steps to replicate them.
Would you please let us know which one of them does not have a workaround/show stopper so we can prioritize them?

cheers!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:21 am

BK Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:21 am
wader wrote:This is a long-standing issue with the DAZ Studio Octane plugin, but I wanted to confirm it's still open:

The LiveDB material names are often blank/just a dash and refreshing the db in-program does not fix the issue. It seems random, because sometimes the material names show after restarting Daz Studio.

Octanelivedbblanknames.jpg

Thanks!

- Windows 10 Pro
- 32GB RAM
- GTX-970, 2 x Titan X(Pascal)
- (always the latest Nvidia driver)
- DAZ Studio v4.16
- OctaneRender for DAZ Studio Enterprise 2020.2.17.61

Hi wader,

Thank you so much for the post.
We are able to replicate this issue.

cheers