Update on DAZStudio plugin development

Forums: Update on DAZStudio plugin development
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: Update on DAZStudio plugin development

Postby sudisk » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:16 am

sudisk Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:16 am
Thank you for taking it into account.

Do you have any progress insight to share about the rigid nod follow issue ?

No is an acceptable answer of course, even if it isn't very reassuring.
sudisk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 am

BK Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 am
sudisk wrote:Thank you for taking it into account.

Do you have any progress insight to share about the rigid nod follow issue ?

No is an acceptable answer of course, even if it isn't very reassuring.

Hi Sudisk,

Thank you for the follow-up.

We are able to replicate it on our dev's machine and debug is still in progress.
Last week we have been busy replicating the path issue reported viewtopic.php?f=145&t=78519

Once it's fixed we could do a quick release!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jazbee » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:00 pm

Jazbee Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:00 pm
Dear Octane plugin devs, can you please add a "restart Octane render engine" button within the plugin? Right now after the plugin crashes (and this happens A LOT on complex scenes), the only solution is to restart DAZ and load the scene again (which means a lot of wasted time as some scenes can take up to 10 mins to load).

Thanks
2x RTX 2080ti, AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, 128GB RAM, Win10 Pro 64, Dual Monitor Setup
Jazbee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:13 am

BK Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:13 am
Jazbee wrote:Dear Octane plugin devs, can you please add a "restart Octane render engine" button within the plugin? Right now after the plugin crashes (and this happens A LOT on complex scenes), the only solution is to restart DAZ and load the scene again (which means a lot of wasted time as some scenes can take up to 10 mins to load).

Thanks

Hi Jazbee,

Thank you for the post!

Unfortunately, this feature can not be done from our plugin side.
Would you please share the error message or the crash log to investigate?

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jazbee » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Jazbee Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Sure, knock yourselves out.

Those crashes seem to be mostly related to memory allocation. Octane doesn't seem to like my hardware setup very much.
Attachments
debug.log
(136.03 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
2x RTX 2080ti, AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, 128GB RAM, Win10 Pro 64, Dual Monitor Setup
Jazbee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 pm

BK Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 pm
Jazbee wrote:

Sure, knock yourselves out.

Those crashes seem to be mostly related to memory allocation. Octane doesn't seem to like my hardware setup very much.

Hi Jazbee,

Thanks so much for the log file.

Please try to increase the Out-of-core memory from the Octane>System tab.
If it still crashes please email at [email protected] or let us know the Nvidia driver installed and your system configs?

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jazbee » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Jazbee Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:02 pm

If it still crashes please email at [email protected] or let us know the Nvidia driver installed and your system configs?

Oh boy, where do I start... Out of Core doesn't work at all ever since switching from OC4 to OC2020 (not sure if it's a plugin issue or hardware compatibility issue as I upgraded hardware at the same time). I actually found that turning it down to zero makes the plugin slightly more stable, although that may just be an impression.

My 2x RTX 2080ti are connected via NVLink and OOC VRAM pooling doesn't work either in SLI mode (yes, I know you're supposed to assign "peers" in device settings). The plugin just crashes and reports "out of memory" once it exceeds the VRAM capacity of a single GPU. OOC simply does not work either with system RAM or VRAM (no matter how much OOC Memory you assign; tweaking GPU headroom also seems to make no difference).

Before you ask - NVlink isn't the cause of my issues as I tried disabling it in control panel and even physically removing it. Doesn't change a thing - the plugin is still unstable as hell and OOC doesn't work. My hardware isn't faulty either - only Octane keeps causing trouble, all other software that uses GPU and VRAM is stable.

As for the drivers - I'm currently on v472.39 Studio Driver but I've tried a ton of different versions (both Studio and Game-Ready) and it doesn't make any difference in terms of stability or functionality.

I've honestly given up on this plugin, at least the DAZ version, but can't abandon it yet. If the Blender version is stable, I may keep using Octane once I'm finally ready to kiss DAZ goodbye.
Jazbee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SiliconAya » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:22 am

SiliconAya Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:22 am
Jazbee wrote:

Oh boy, where do I start... Out of Core doesn't work at all ever since switching from OC4 to OC2020 (not sure if it's a plugin issue or hardware compatibility issue as I upgraded hardware at the same time). I actually found that turning it down to zero makes the plugin slightly more stable, although that may just be an impression.

My 2x RTX 2080ti are connected via NVLink and OOC VRAM pooling doesn't work either in SLI mode (yes, I know you're supposed to assign "peers" in device settings). The plugin just crashes and reports "out of memory" once it exceeds the VRAM capacity of a single GPU. OOC simply does not work either with system RAM or VRAM (no matter how much OOC Memory you assign; tweaking GPU headroom also seems to make no difference).

Before you ask - NVlink isn't the cause of my issues as I tried disabling it in control panel and even physically removing it. Doesn't change a thing - the plugin is still unstable as hell and OOC doesn't work. My hardware isn't faulty either - only Octane keeps causing trouble, all other software that uses GPU and VRAM is stable.

As for the drivers - I'm currently on v472.39 Studio Driver but I've tried a ton of different versions (both Studio and Game-Ready) and it doesn't make any difference in terms of stability or functionality.

I've honestly given up on this plugin, at least the DAZ version, but can't abandon it yet. If the Blender version is stable, I may keep using Octane once I'm finally ready to kiss DAZ goodbye.

I can agree with all of this, it's a rare day that OOC has worked in this plugin's history and it certainly hasn't worked recently.

I have 2x RTX 2070 SUPER cards and also have them connected via NVLink, although I've had it disabled for about a year now.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:52 am

BK Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:52 am
Hiya,

Thank you so much for the post.
It is very helpful for us to know about Out of core issues as well. We now have an internal to investigate.
Increasing the Headroom still unable to replicate the Out of memory error with my workstation!

Would it be possible to share a Daz scene via PM?

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jazbee » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:18 pm

Jazbee Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:18 pm
Would it be possible to share a Daz scene via PM?

Ok, but I'm not sure how I can share a full scene with you. DAZ is notorious for not being able to export stand-alone packages that include library assets. Any suggestions?
Jazbee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio