Update on DAZStudio plugin development

Forums: Update on DAZStudio plugin development
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: Update on DAZStudio plugin development

Postby BK » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:03 am

BK Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:03 am
Sorel wrote:Here is a video I took. It's genesis 8 male basic with the charming rouge shirt and pants on. on the shirt you can see selectable objects, those are the rigid follow nodes attached to the buttons to make them keep their shape and not distort when moving with the shirt. But as you'll see, when the octane plugin is activated, applying full body poses causes the program to take forever to apply it. Even moving single parts or using the power pose tool are very delayed.

In the other video I have the plugin deactivated and as you'll see now the posing is pretty much instantaneous.

Thank you for the videos.

We tried replicating it with Genesis 3 and 8 Male figure and it worked fine.
Would you please let us know where can we download this same model?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Sorel » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:59 am

Sorel Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:59 am
BK wrote:
Sorel wrote:Here is a video I took. It's genesis 8 male basic with the charming rouge shirt and pants on. on the shirt you can see selectable objects, those are the rigid follow nodes attached to the buttons to make them keep their shape and not distort when moving with the shirt. But as you'll see, when the octane plugin is activated, applying full body poses causes the program to take forever to apply it. Even moving single parts or using the power pose tool are very delayed.

In the other video I have the plugin deactivated and as you'll see now the posing is pretty much instantaneous.

Cheers

Well this is the link to the outfit I was using in the test
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-charming-r ... is-8-males
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:09 am

BK Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:09 am
Sorel wrote:
BK wrote:

Cheers

Well this is the link to the outfit I was using in the test
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-charming-r ... is-8-males

Thank you Sorel,
Would it be okay to PM this character to us and also check if the same behavior happens with Gen3 or 8?

We did another quick test today!

[ Play Quicktime file ] 2021-06-25 12-51-14.mp4 [ 4.33 MiB | Viewed 5129 times ]

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Sorel » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Sorel Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:57 pm
BK wrote:Thank you Sorel,
Would it be okay to PM this character to us and also check if the same behavior happens with Gen3 or 8?

We did another quick test today!
2021-06-25 12-51-14.mp4

cheers

Well I see why you're not having problems, that outfit doesn't have the rigid follow nodes lol.

I sent you a pm though.
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kanne » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:06 pm

Kanne Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:06 pm
Is it possible to implement rollback / ctrl+z for octane? Changing values in octane and pressing ctrl+z out of habit often leads to undo things you didn't wan't to undo. And you may already forgot which value you had before your last change in octane.
Kanne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SiliconAya » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:05 am

SiliconAya Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:05 am
Wouldn't it be easier just to make rigid follow node with a cube and genesis figure? It's not hard to setup and there's plenty of tutorials. You don't need clothing or anything special other than a daz figure, just having a rigid follow node in the scene makes it run horribly.
SiliconAya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gaazsi » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:27 pm

gaazsi Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:27 pm
the worst and most stupid problem since SEVEN years are the horrible loading times if you open some/most duf files for whatever reason. i am so fed up with this crap now and it is JUST the octane addon and nothing else
gaazsi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sorel » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:53 pm

Sorel Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:53 pm
SiliconAya wrote:Wouldn't it be easier just to make rigid follow node with a cube and genesis figure? It's not hard to setup and there's plenty of tutorials. You don't need clothing or anything special other than a daz figure, just having a rigid follow node in the scene makes it run horribly.

I was able to help them replicate the problem so it is on their to do list now.
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 am

BK Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 am
Kanne wrote:Is it possible to implement rollback / ctrl+z for octane? Changing values in octane and pressing ctrl+z out of habit often leads to undo things you didn't wan't to undo. And you may already forgot which value you had before your last change in octane.

Hi Kanne,

Thank you for reporting this.
Strange, the undo is applied into DAZ app!!!
We have created a feature request ticket for our developer to see if we can implement in the future releases.

Also, we would like get our users opinion on replacing the OctaneDAZ's NGE window to Octane Node Editor or we keep supporting the NGE?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:17 pm

BK Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:17 pm
SiliconAya wrote:Wouldn't it be easier just to make rigid follow node with a cube and genesis figure? It's not hard to setup and there's plenty of tutorials. You don't need clothing or anything special other than a daz figure, just having a rigid follow node in the scene makes it run horribly.

Hi SiliconAya,

Thank you so much for the simplified steps to replicate this issue. Its very helpful!
Sorel has shared a scene with us with this same bug and we have logged this on our internal bug tacker.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio