Hair Dont show up

Forums: Hair Dont show up
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Hair Dont show up

Postby pinarer » Fri May 07, 2021 8:22 pm

pinarer Fri May 07, 2021 8:22 pm
I tried to check the forum to find out an answer but couldnt find it, any idea how to solve the issue when the hair dont show up on Octane render?
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Hair Dont show up

Postby Banti » Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 pm

Banti Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 pm
pinarer wrote:I tried to check the forum to find out an answer but couldnt find it, any idea how to solve the issue when the hair dont show up on Octane render?

I see two possible scenarios:

1) You are using strand based / dForce Hair. Those will not work in Octane at all. At least not yet, maybe the reworked plugin will implement this feature at some point.

2) You have something pluggine into your hair materials opacity channel that should be there, maybe an empty grey image pin. Make sure you dont apply the same material to all surfaces of the hair because they often have different opacity maps or dont have one at all. Copy the material and apply it to each surface separately.
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pinarer » Fri May 07, 2021 9:45 pm

pinarer Fri May 07, 2021 9:45 pm
Thank you @Banti for the reply yes it is strand base. hmm but this should be fixed, it is part of daz studio assets. Thanks again for your reply though.

Banti wrote:
pinarer wrote:I tried to check the forum to find out an answer but couldnt find it, any idea how to solve the issue when the hair dont show up on Octane render?

I see two possible scenarios:

1) You are using strand based / dForce Hair. Those will not work in Octane at all. At least not yet, maybe the reworked plugin will implement this feature at some point.

2) You have something pluggine into your hair materials opacity channel that should be there, maybe an empty grey image pin. Make sure you dont apply the same material to all surfaces of the hair because they often have different opacity maps or dont have one at all. Copy the material and apply it to each surface separately.
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Banti » Sat May 08, 2021 12:03 am

Banti Sat May 08, 2021 12:03 am
Strand based hair is definitly not supported yet. If you got to the plugin release thread here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=77593
You can see that strand based hair is the first point under "known issues awaitung resolution"
Banti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pinarer » Sun May 09, 2021 6:46 am

pinarer Sun May 09, 2021 6:46 am
Thank you @Banti for the reply. Hope it can be solved as soon as possible there are so many strand hair based product on daz that we would like to use.

Banti wrote:Strand based hair is definitly not supported yet. If you got to the plugin release thread here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=77593
You can see that strand based hair is the first point under "known issues awaitung resolution"
pinarer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio