OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Postby ambientlight » Sun May 07, 2017 11:50 pm

ambientlight Sun May 07, 2017 11:50 pm
An ETA of 3.06 for subscribers?
ambientlight
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abayliss » Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 am

abayliss Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 am
Thanks for the update, love the adaptive sampling.
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 64GB RAM
2 x RTX 2080ti
abayliss
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon May 08, 2017 11:04 am

face_off Mon May 08, 2017 11:04 am
An ETA of 3.06 for subscribers?
There appears to have been a delay in posting the subscription release to the Download page (I provide a VR version to Otoy when I post a release here). May I suggest you submit a ticket to Otoy requesting the latest version.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rajib » Tue May 16, 2017 5:17 am

rajib Tue May 16, 2017 5:17 am
Hi Paul,

Reporting on a problem that can consistently be reproduced. Latest plugin version - 3.6.5.33. It has to do with the the Perspective correction and Spherical distortion in the Camera OctaneRender properties. If you use a wide angle for the camera and turn on Perspective correction and set the
Spherical distortion to full, the Octane Viewport shows the effect correctly. Now if the scene is saved and closed and then opened again, the settings of Perspective correction and Spherical distortion are still there under the camera setting as per the last values set, but scene rendered in the Octane Viewport does not have the effect of those settings. One needs to modify the Spherical distortion value and / or turn off and on the Perspective correction and / or switch back and forth between cameras etc to try and get the Octane Viewport to render with the perspective correction and spherical distortion values.
Seems like the values do get saved with the scene and read back properly. But the effect of the settings is missing when the scene is loaded again. I have also noticed the focus point moves back to the middle of the scene in instead of remaining where the focus was before the saving of the scene.

Can you please take a look at this ?

Thanks,
Rajib
Windows 10 Pro i9-9980XE 128GB RAM|4 x Titan RTX
Houdini 18.5(2020.2.1.2)|Cinema C4D R26|Daz Studio Pro 4.21.0.5(Octane 2021.1.6.83)
NVIDIA 460.89 Studio Standard
rajib
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Thu May 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Notiusweb Thu May 25, 2017 8:27 pm
@Lactis:
I am curious if you ever got your system functioning with the current NVidia drivers?
-Notiusweb
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Veneris » Fri May 26, 2017 3:49 am

Veneris Fri May 26, 2017 3:49 am
When will it be possible to import .VDB files?
Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30Ghz (Quad Core), 12.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 620. Windows 7 (64 bits)
Veneris
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri May 26, 2017 12:44 pm

face_off Fri May 26, 2017 12:44 pm
When will it be possible to import .VDB files?
This is probably best implemented by having a proxy system where an Octane ORBX/OCS file would replace a DAZStudio primitive. However this is a complex change, and unlikely to be implemented in the near future. Your best option at the moment is to export from the DAZStudio Studio to OCS or ORBX and load into Octane Standalone and add the VDB there.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Laticis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:25 am

Laticis Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:25 am
Notiusweb wrote:@Lactis:
I am curious if you ever got your system functioning with the current NVidia drivers?
-Notiusweb

Hi Notious,

Still having some troubles but not so bad. Still getting freezes most of the time its this error: video tdr failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

I started fresh with my system, clean OS of 8.1 Pro Unfortunately. Latest Nvidia Drivers installed.

I am starting to think it may be a faulty GPU but stress testing it has been fine. Only crashes using DS ( Haven't done much with Octane lately too busy )
I have found though that once the system goes down and I restart it seems to go fine.
Either way, its doing my head in. There is still a few months warranty left on my cards, but it one of those things if I send them or one off there goes my system and I need it for work.
I could fork out and buy another GPU but would hate to spend money if it's not them...could be the motherboard.
The most complicated thing about this is the erratic behavior.

How about your system ?
Laticis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Notiusweb Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:04 pm
Laticis wrote:
Notiusweb wrote:@Lactis:
-Notiusweb

Hi Notious,

Still having some troubles but not so bad. Still getting freezes most of the time its this error: video tdr failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

I started fresh with my system, clean OS of 8.1 Pro Unfortunately. Latest Nvidia Drivers installed.

I am starting to think it may be a faulty GPU but stress testing it has been fine. Only crashes using DS ( Haven't done much with Octane lately too busy )
I have found though that once the system goes down and I restart it seems to go fine.
Either way, its doing my head in. There is still a few months warranty left on my cards, but it one of those things if I send them or one off there goes my system and I need it for work.
I could fork out and buy another GPU but would hate to spend money if it's not them...could be the motherboard.
The most complicated thing about this is the erratic behavior.

How about your system ?

Hello, sorry to hear about the continued issues. My system has an issue as well, albeit under only 1 circumstance...and I've held it at bay for the moment by keeping driver at 372.90.
Using Win 7 64, I can run any combination of card(s) EXCEPT the 6 Titan Z's simultaneously. Something happens in both Daz and Octane standalone in that scenario, where the system freezes upon loading either application.
In Octane, a freeze (predictably) occurs on 2.17 and 3.06.2, and in Daz it could be 4.8 or 4.9, so it's not even version dependant on the application end. It's like the driver can't mix 12 GPU + Win 7 64 or something...Maybe Titan Z is the bad variable if quantity is > 3 cards? I don't know..
Note- I never tried exactly 12 GPU, or 13 Titan X, because I don't have.

3 Titan Z + 2 Titan X + 3 Titan X Pascal (regular, not "Xp") = 11 GPU cores = no issue on any driver > 372.90.
6 Titan Z + 1 Titan X = 13 GPU = Freeze on any driver > 372.90

Weird right? On my system a similar issue as you, but only when powered up with 6 Titan Z running.
I would only imagine suggesting trying 372.90. Do a system restore and back up, then try, if no good I'm thinking you can always go back to the driver you are using.
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Laticis » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:51 am

Laticis Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:51 am
Notiusweb wrote:Hello, sorry to hear about the continued issues. My system has an issue as well, albeit under only 1 circumstance...and I've held it at bay for the moment by keeping driver at 372.90.
Using Win 7 64, I can run any combination of card(s) EXCEPT the 6 Titan Z's simultaneously. Something happens in both Daz and Octane standalone in that scenario, where the system freezes upon loading either application.
In Octane, a freeze (predictably) occurs on 2.17 and 3.06.2, and in Daz it could be 4.8 or 4.9, so it's not even version dependant on the application end. It's like the driver can't mix 12 GPU + Win 7 64 or something...Maybe Titan Z is the bad variable if quantity is > 3 cards? I don't know..
Note- I never tried exactly 12 GPU, or 13 Titan X, because I don't have.

3 Titan Z + 2 Titan X + 3 Titan X Pascal (regular, not "Xp") = 11 GPU cores = no issue on any driver > 372.90.
6 Titan Z + 1 Titan X = 13 GPU = Freeze on any driver > 372.90

Weird right? On my system a similar issue as you, but only when powered up with 6 Titan Z running.
I would only imagine suggesting trying 372.90. Do a system restore and back up, then try, if no good I'm thinking you can always go back to the driver you are using.

Hi....well it seems I can say the same thing, sorry to hear you are still going through yours. It's not a nice feeling, especially seeing these cards weren't cheap.
At least yours is consistent but it doesn't make sense, who knows what is going on with the drivers.
That's the part that is hardest, not knowing and potential fixes are cheap

I might do what you say and install 372.90...but after everything I have done I feel it is hardware. MB or GPU...everything was running smoothly for so long.
Laticis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio