Re : Octane 4.05 Keep crashing

Forums: Re : Octane 4.05 Keep crashing
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re : Octane 4.05 Keep crashing

Postby slimer » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:20 am

slimer Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:20 am
Hi Paul,

I recently tried to reinstall my Octane 4.05 on a machine with the following spec on Rhino 6 SR24 and it keeps crashing once I logged into Octane. You can open the Liveview once in a while but it crashes instantly when it does. I remember 4.05 must be run with Nvidia 417 driver, I still have that driver but the installation says that it is not compatible with my hardware!

Windows 10 Latest update
Nvidia driver 452, tried both Studio and DCH
Rhino SR24
Octane 4.05 Latest
16GB of RAM
Nvidia GTX1660 Super

I think I talked to you about the same problem when I was running Octane 2019 and you fixed it by changing the Network part of Octane. is this the same problem but Octane 4.05 is not updated? I want to run my subscription of Octane 2020 and 4.05 at the same time on two different machine.

A side question is that does Octane automatically log out when you EXIT Rhino? Also, when we log into Octane Rhino, do both Standalone and Rhino Plugin get logged in?

Thanks,
slimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Re : Octane 4.05 Keep crashing

Postby face_off » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:59 pm

face_off Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:59 pm
Hi

Regarding the crash - is Rhino crashing to the desktop, or just throwing an exception report to the screen? Is Rhino producing a crash report on your desktop?

I think I talked to you about the same problem when I was running Octane 2019 and you fixed it by changing the Network part of Octane. is this the same problem but Octane 4.05 is not updated?
I am pretty sure that the latest 4.05 version of the plugin fixes that crash, so don't think it is the problem.

A side question is that does Octane automatically log out when you EXIT Rhino?
Yes, it should.

Also, when we log into Octane Rhino, do both Standalone and Rhino Plugin get logged in?
I'm not sure - you would need to test this yourself.

If you only have one OctaneLive license, you can only run the plugin once at a time. I would suggest just using the 2020.1 version of Octane, since it is up to date with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby slimer » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:27 am

slimer Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:27 am
Hi Paul,

Rhino crashes to the desktop and show a popup saying if I want to send a crash report to Mcneel. Yes, it produces a crash report.

This is a colleague's computer, as he wants to learn Octane so I installed my 4.05 on this computer and I use the Octane 2020. Since I already purchased the 4.05 might as well use it.

I run the crashdump of the 4.05 on Octane 2020 and it works without problem. Is the 4.05 still working with the latest Nvidia drivers? If not then 4.05 is pretty much dead!

face_off wrote:Hi

Regarding the crash - is Rhino crashing to the desktop, or just throwing an exception report to the screen? Is Rhino producing a crash report on your desktop?

I think I talked to you about the same problem when I was running Octane 2019 and you fixed it by changing the Network part of Octane. is this the same problem but Octane 4.05 is not updated?
I am pretty sure that the latest 4.05 version of the plugin fixes that crash, so don't think it is the problem.

A side question is that does Octane automatically log out when you EXIT Rhino?
Yes, it should.

Also, when we log into Octane Rhino, do both Standalone and Rhino Plugin get logged in?
I'm not sure - you would need to test this yourself.

If you only have one OctaneLive license, you can only run the plugin once at a time. I would suggest just using the 2020.1 version of Octane, since it is up to date with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Paul
slimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:39 am

face_off Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:39 am
Yes, it produces a crash report.
Can you send the crash report to me please?

Is the 4.05 still working with the latest Nvidia drivers?
Is Octane Standalone 4.05 rendering correctly on this PC?

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby slimer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:23 am

slimer Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:23 am
Hi Paul,

This is the crash dump. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts1qvvwo7qtma ... p.3dm?dl=0

This file would run on Octane 2020 without problem. My problem with 4.05 is that as long as you log into Octane, even without doing anything Rhino will crash within 20 seconds. The attached file has geometry in it but it really doesn't matter.

Thanks,
slimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:10 am

face_off Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:10 am
slimer wrote:Hi Paul,

This is the crash dump. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts1qvvwo7qtma ... p.3dm?dl=0

This file would run on Octane 2020 without problem. My problem with 4.05 is that as long as you log into Octane, even without doing anything Rhino will crash within 20 seconds. The attached file has geometry in it but it really doesn't matter.

Thanks,
Hi - that is the file you had loaded when Rhino crashed. I downloaded and installed OctaneRenderForRhino6_4_05_0_115.rhi from the OTOY forums here, then loaded your file, and it rendered find in the OctaneRender for Rhino plugin. I am on Nvidia driver release 441.41.

Is Octane Standalone 4.05 rendering correctly on this PC?

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D