Region size doesn't cover entire Rhino window

Forums: Region size doesn't cover entire Rhino window
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Region size doesn't cover entire Rhino window

Postby PeterBr » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:03 pm

PeterBr Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:03 pm
Every time I "open viewport" using the octane render tab in Rhino, the window opens but only shows a portion of the screen area, the rest is black. Under "film settings", I select "rhino window" for resolution, but this doesnt seem to do anything to fix the problem. Black are persists. There is the "region size" option, but then I have to manually slide the slider and guess the size of my rhino window. Is there some way to tell Octane to automatically show me the full RHino window in the render viewport? Thanks. see attached screenshot.
Capture.PNG
PeterBr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Region size doesn't cover entire Rhino window

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:29 pm

face_off Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:29 pm
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby PeterBr » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:38 pm

PeterBr Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:38 pm
Thanks Paul but that didn't do anything. I still have to manually change the "region size" and "resolution" to fit the rhino viewport.
Please see my screenshot: https://peterrz.tinytake.com/tt/NDAyNzA0MF8xMjM4NTExMQ

Here's a video screencapture of the problem. As you see, Im able to set the resolution automatically but region size doesnt change and when I open the octane viewport, I get a small portion of the viewport, with the rest black. https://peterrz.tinytake.com/tt/NDAyNzA1Nl8xMjM4NTEyNw
PeterBr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:14 am

face_off Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:14 am
PeterBr wrote:Thanks Paul but that didn't do anything. I still have to manually change the "region size" and "resolution" to fit the rhino viewport.
Please see my screenshot: https://peterrz.tinytake.com/tt/NDAyNzA0MF8xMjM4NTExMQ

Here's a video screencapture of the problem. As you see, Im able to set the resolution automatically but region size doesnt change and when I open the octane viewport, I get a small portion of the viewport, with the rest black. https://peterrz.tinytake.com/tt/NDAyNzA1Nl8xMjM4NTEyNw
Hi Peter. Thanks for the video. It looks to me like the plugin is doing what is expected. I think you should be ignoring the "Region size" pins - as these are a different way (to the render region picker on the viewport) to set the render region.

If you want the Octane Viewport to match the current Rhino Viewport size, enable Lock Resolution and pick the Select Resolution->Rhino Viewport from the Film Settings->Resolution node.

Thanks

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby PeterBr » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:39 pm

PeterBr Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:39 pm
Thanks Paul, but that still doesn't address the problem of the region size. When I do as you say, I get a window with only a portion of the viewport rendered, the rest being in black. The "region size" should also automatically set to match the resolution size. Currently I must do this manually.
PeterBr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:47 am

face_off Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:47 am
PeterBr wrote:Thanks Paul, but that still doesn't address the problem of the region size. When I do as you say, I get a window with only a portion of the viewport rendered, the rest being in black. The "region size" should also automatically set to match the resolution size. Currently I must do this manually.
Hi Peter - just leave the Region Size as the default (65536 x 65536).

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D