octane fur material

Forums: octane fur material
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

octane fur material

Postby v-cube » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:43 pm

v-cube Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:43 pm
Hi,

I know that this looks probably more like a wish for the standalone version, but if I will post it here, because in opposition to other programs like e.g. cinema, we still lack very much an easy to use (and to edit) option to have things like 3D grass in Rhino / octane.
IMHO all approaches are either cumbersome to use ( like grasshopper based distribution of blocks / geometry) and do not work well for larger areas or the result is not really visually satisfying ( like displacement grass).

Is there any chance that we will have a octane fur material to simulate these kind of things in the foreseeable future? Could it maybe be resolved with the new OSL features that are implemented now?

I just see that Software like Enscape , Lumion, vray all have this ... I am a loyal octane user, but the visual render quality of these guys is getting closer and closer...

I would really be interested to hear an official otoy opinion on this.

best

Andreas
Architectural Rendering Services
1 x 4090 GTX, 1 x 3090 GTX
http://www.v-cube.de
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: octane fur material

Postby face_off » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:53 pm

face_off Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:53 pm
Hi Andreas. Yes, a Fur Shader would be nice, and is an Octane Standalone FR. For grass, IMO the best solution is to scatter the OBJ of a patch of grass.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D