Rhino 6 Block Object Parents not rendering

Forums: Rhino 6 Block Object Parents not rendering
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Rhino 6 Block Object Parents not rendering

Postby Mcbridecharlesryan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:36 pm

Mcbridecharlesryan Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:36 pm
I have a scene which employs a large variety of Blocked buildings. The brick materials of each block building however is unique so in Rhino I have set the material of each block to 'Object Parent' so that the layer of the block will determine the facade material not the layer inside the block. In Rhino this displays as it should but when I go to render in Octane the materials do not render as object parent but as the original layer that the materials are inside the block. Could you please determine how I can get Octane to recognise 'object parent' materials for blocks?

Octane Render plugin is:
4.00.0.101 on Rhino 6

Render in Octane Render plugin for Rhino 6
V1.png

screengrab of Rhino 6
ViewCapture_20190202_080331AM.jpg
Mcbridecharlesryan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Rhino 6 Block Object Parents not rendering

Postby face_off » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:55 am

face_off Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:55 am
Hi. Block Instances in Rhino convert to a Scatter node (https://docs.otoy.com/StandaloneH_STA/StandaloneManual.htm#StandaloneSTA/Scatter.htm) in Octane. Using the Scatter node means that every instance of the scatter node will have the same Octane material. You can introduce some randomness to the material via the Random Color Texture (https://docs.otoy.com/StandaloneH_STA/StandaloneManual.htm#StandaloneSTA/RandomColorTexture.htm).

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D