unreadable Cctane tab

Forums: unreadable Cctane tab
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: unreadable Cctane tab

Postby face_off » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 pm

face_off Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 pm
looks good now.
It looks like the right hand side of the slider is off the screen. If you expand the tab width, does it come into view?

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rpict » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:50 pm

rpict Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:50 pm
It looks like the right hand side of the slider is off the screen. If you expand the tab width, does it come into view?

no :(

-rpict
Attachments
octane right hand slider.jpg
Win 10 64 | GTX 1060 | i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz | 32GB | 4k
rpict
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:43 am

face_off Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:43 am
And can you provide a screenshot of your Windows->Settings->System->Display->Advanced Scale Settings and font scaling settings pls.

Thanks

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby tomo8177 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:47 pm

tomo8177 Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:47 pm
this ver sion 3.8.1.92 is giving me the best experience ever.
readable material/setting pallette, visible checkbox, working material preview!
i have been using Octane for Rhino from ver1, but this is the first time i'm experiencing this, which is awesome. thank you so much Paul!

the slider not showing entirely doesn't bother me, as i can just type in the number.
Color box is a bit off, but it is better than previous versions.

one tiny bug is that after i input some number in the material palette, it refreshes the palette and uncollapses all the collapsed nodes, and my input focus goes to the top.
for instance, when i input a number in Opacity node and press Enter, the diffusion and Bump node, and in fact all other nodes i had some images attached, uncollapse. then the focus goes to the top. so i have to scroll the palette down again to reach the Opacity node to further change the number.
pressing Collapse button helps, but it'll be better if the palette can keep the collapse/uncollapse status of each node, and the focus position as well.
tomo8177
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 pm

face_off Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 pm
I have updated the current TEST build for Rhino6 to further fix UI scaling issues (release number has not changed - still 3.08.1.92). Sliders should no longer be disappearing off to the right of the panel, and the RGB color node should no longer have the button misplaced. Can users pls confirm that all UI issues for Rhino6 are now fixed for them, and I will do a full release.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:57 pm

face_off Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:57 pm
one tiny bug is that after i input some number in the material palette, it refreshes the palette and uncollapses all the collapsed nodes, and my input focus goes to the top.
for instance, when i input a number in Opacity node and press Enter, the diffusion and Bump node, and in fact all other nodes i had some images attached, uncollapse. then the focus goes to the top. so i have to scroll the palette down again to reach the Opacity node to further change the number.
pressing Collapse button helps, but it'll be better if the palette can keep the collapse/uncollapse status of each node, and the focus position as well.
Can you pls try with the new 3.08.1.92 that I just posted (redownload it pls) pls Rhino6 SR5.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby tomo8177 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 am

tomo8177 Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 am

- the RGB node looks good
- slider shows up okay
- the material preview not working again

the palette refreshing bug is still there, thus not practical to operate with slider because every time i touch the slider, it goes back to the top.
and the collapse/uncollapse status doesn't stay.
maybe, if we can see more than 6 nodes at a time, it might feel better as we don't need to scroll down.
right now, no matter how tall the palette is, it only shows 6 rows of nodes.

but then again, these issues are something we have managed to work around in the old versions and thus less important than other updates, like Clipping Plane support etc.
tomo8177
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:04 am

face_off Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:04 am
Tomo - I suspect this is a screen or font scaling issue. Can you provide a screenshot of your Windows->Settings->System->Display->Advanced Scale Settings and font scaling settings pls.

For material preview - set the Rhino->Render->Current Renderer to OctaneRender. The current version of the plugin has a bug where the Rhino Renderer is used whilst you slide a slider - fixed in the next release.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:17 am

face_off Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:17 am
the palette refreshing bug is still there, thus not practical to operate with slider because every time i touch the slider, it goes back to the top.
I see - you are right. But this only seems to happen in the floating modal Material editor. In fact, when using this editor, changes don't save back to the Octane material and the preview is not working - so I think you need to work in the docked Material panel. I will discuss with McNeel.

every time i touch the slider, it goes back to the top.
This should be fixed in the next release.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby tomo8177 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:23 am

tomo8177 Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:23 am
actually, you were right on both issue.
the minute i changed the current render to Octane, the material preview looks great, the slider works fine, and the focus and collapse status are kept, leaving no bugs at all!!
this is great!!

thank you so much Paul for sticking with us, the minority 4K monitor users.
tomo8177
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Rhinoceros 3D