Selection material

Forums: Selection material
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Selection material

Postby fabrizio_s » Wed May 10, 2017 11:52 am

fabrizio_s Wed May 10, 2017 11:52 am
Hi Paul,
in the next future is it possible to change the way of selection material? I will try to explain..
When I select an object, its material is highlight by four yellow triangle but if i want to modify the properties of the shader I have to search the material into hundred od materials and then select it.
It would be nice if, selecting an object, octane went directly into the right material without clicking on it.

bye

fabrizio
fabrizio_s
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Selection material

Postby face_off » Wed May 10, 2017 12:58 pm

face_off Wed May 10, 2017 12:58 pm
Hi - this is how Rhino works - and I don't think there is any way a plugin can change this behavior, so I would suggest submitting this as a feature request for Rhino 6.

I have noticed though if you material pick from the Octane Viewport, the material will be be selected and the material list scrolled such that the material name is visible, so Octane material picking seems to be working better than selecting the mesh in Rhino :-)

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Selection material

Postby fabrizio_s » Wed May 10, 2017 3:16 pm

fabrizio_s Wed May 10, 2017 3:16 pm
Hi Paul,
I can submit a request to rhino support but I don't think they are so quick to update rhino as you do.

Thanx for the tip

bye
fabrizio_s
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D