Re: SSO server Problem.

Forums: Re: SSO server Problem.
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Postby slimer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:07 am

slimer Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:07 am
So I installed both Standalone and a Win7 x64 machine at home and everything work.

Then I installed the same files on a Win10 x64 machine at my workplace. I could log into the Standalone version and everything works including the liveDB.

But on Rhino, I could not log into Octane no matter what. I am running Rhino SR13 the latest from McNeel. It keeps giving me the 'could not connect to SSO server' message.

The weird thing is that on the Win10 work machine, I could still log into the Octane Standalone version without problem!? Is that a plugin problem or an Octane problem?

I have tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything more than 3 times and still no go.

I have also looked into my Windows Firewall and nothing from Otoy is blocked, nor anything from Rhino.
slimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:15 am

face_off Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:15 am
Hi - what version of Octane Standalone and what version of the Rhino plugin do you have installed? It sounds like a firewall issue to me (firewall is blocking Rhino by not Octane Standalone).

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby slimer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:29 am

slimer Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:29 am
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I did blocked Rhino from updating because I want to keep the stable working version. As I mentioned, I unblocked it but I forgot to RESTART!

Now, Octane is working.

Another question though, somehow if I use the local ISP I cannot login to either the Standalone or the Rhino version of Octane. Even now, I need to use my mobile wifi in order to successfully log into the system. Is there a specific port that Octane is using that can be blocked by my ISP? Can we change the port number in the registry or something?

Thanks.
slimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:06 am

face_off Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:06 am
Another question though, somehow if I use the local ISP I cannot login to either the Standalone or the Rhino version of Octane. Even now, I need to use my mobile wifi in order to successfully log into the system. Is there a specific port that Octane is using that can be blocked by my ISP? Can we change the port number in the registry or something?
I will ask an Otoy dev to respond to this.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby slimer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:11 am

slimer Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:11 am
Thanks, Paul!
slimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby slimer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:25 am

slimer Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:25 am
Hi Paul,

I have not gotten a reply from Otoy yet. And now I encounter a new challenge.

I have tested the Rhino plugin on two different computers at my HK workplace to make sure the license can work on two different computers and it did.

Now that I have used the same license on an installation across the border (you can say another country). I cannot sign back into my original machines!

It says that the license is currently in use. Do I have to sign out every time on a particular machine that I have used Octane?

Thanks,
slimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby slimer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:22 am

slimer Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:22 am
By the way, I am able to log into the Standalone Octane without problem and be able to access the LiveDB.

But I cannot log into Octane in Rhino!? It says on the black windows that "All of the licenses for this product is currently in use"
slimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby slimer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:37 am

slimer Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:37 am
I have validated that I can sign in and out of Octane Standalone version without problem but not Octane for Rhino.
slimer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:28 am

face_off Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:28 am
I have asked Otoy again if they can respond to your issue. Sorry for the delay.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mojave » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:36 am

mojave Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:36 am
slimer wrote:could not connect to SSO server

This error generally shows that there's something blocking communication between Octane and our server. Usually this is a firewall issue and you need to make sure all communications via HTTPS (TCP port 443) are allowed for both standalone, daemon and your Octane plugin host application (Rhino in your case).

slimer wrote:All of the licenses for this product is currently in use

This means that all your licenses are used at the time Octane tries to get activated upon startup. Licenses are released automatically (unless you are using offline licensing mode) when either standalone or the host application are closed. Note that if the application hangs or not closed gracefully, the licenses may remain in use even when your computer is switched off.

In order to understand how licensing works I recommend taking a look a this link:

https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/ ... et-access/

In the future if you need to check what licenses are currently available you can do it here:

https://render.otoy.com/account/octanelive.php?

I hope that helps.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Next

Return to Rhinoceros 3D