animate rhino camera parameter DOF and FOV

Forums: animate rhino camera parameter DOF and FOV
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

animate rhino camera parameter DOF and FOV

Postby v-cube » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:33 am

v-cube Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:33 am
Hello Paul,

I am working on a large project which involves animation. I have successfully exported some bongo camera animation as ocs / abc files (I suppose the abc files are defining the animation settings?).
However, I have not been successful in transferring the animated FOV and DOF Parameters of the camera, although I enabled the options "sync octane focal depth to Rhino" and "sync octane FOV to Rhino". within Rhino, when moving the timeslider, the values are animated and octane renders them correctly in the octane frame buffer, but somehow the are not exported into octane standalone.

I do not know if this is a bug or simply not implemented yet. If the later is the cause, then please make it a wish, It would enable the rhino / Bongo combo to archive a basic level for animation control and would make my life so much easier...

please please!

Andreas

P.S. please excuse the stupid and OT question: Right now there is no way to animate value within octane standalone right? or am I missing something here...?
Architectural Rendering Services
1 x 4090 GTX, 1 x 3090 GTX
http://www.v-cube.de
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: animate rhino camera parameter DOF and FOV

Postby Marvez » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Marvez Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:19 pm
Hello Andrea,

as a big rhino user and recently getting into animation- the .abc contains the animation and I have found using Blender.abc file to port the animation discreetly into Octane standalone and replacing the camera and geometry while keeping the animation content works .

I don't know if this helps your question , while I have this workflow very flexible and happy with the results

-Will
I7 5820K 16MB RAM SSD850PRO GTX 970/780
Marvez
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:26 am

face_off Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:26 am
Hi Andreas.....to animate the FOV/DOF you need an ABC file containing the camera track to plugin into the Octane Rendertarget Camera pin. I will see if I can add these two parameters to the ABC file generated by the Rhino plugin in the next release.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:14 pm

face_off Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:14 pm
I have posted a pre-release of the plugin which will hopefully provide the DOF and FOV in the exported ORBX/OCS file. It is available from the Octane 3 TEST/STABLE release thread.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby v-cube » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:36 pm

v-cube Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:36 pm
Thank you Paul !!!

I will test it ASAP

best

Andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby v-cube » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:30 am

v-cube Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:30 am
face_off wrote:I have posted a pre-release of the plugin which will hopefully provide the DOF and FOV in the exported ORBX/OCS file. It is available from the Octane 3 TEST/STABLE release thread.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have installed the release (3.0.5.76) the animation of the DOF works now, but I seem to have lost my ability to network render, the interface does not show any clients (I have of course installed the latest 3.05.2 version of octane standalone and the daemon on the slaves...) the standalone version finds them!

can anyone confirm this?

best

Andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby v-cube » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:59 am

v-cube Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:59 am
v-cube wrote:
face_off wrote:I have posted a pre-release of the plugin which will hopefully provide the DOF and FOV in the exported ORBX/OCS file. It is available from the Octane 3 TEST/STABLE release thread.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have installed the release (3.0.5.76) the animation of the DOF works now, but I seem to have lost my ability to network render, the interface does not show any clients (I have of course installed the latest 3.05.2 version of octane standalone and the daemon on the slaves...) the standalone version finds them!

can anyone confirm this?

best

Andreas

... never mind ... installed 3.05 and now it seems to work...

best

andreas
v-cube
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D