Rhino / Octane aspect matching

Forums: Rhino / Octane aspect matching
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: Rhino / Octane aspect matching

Postby face_off » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:28 am

face_off Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:28 am
Nando - These instructions are very ambiguous, and do not result in me being able to reproduce the issue. Unless you can provide actual Rhino keystrokes or commands I cannot progress this issue - sorry.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby frisog » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:33 pm

frisog Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:33 pm
This should be a fundamental issue that has to be fixed. Octane Render is, apart from all the nice features, basically a random image generator now. Any news on how that get consistent results?
frisog
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:26 pm

face_off Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:26 pm
This should be a fundamental issue that has to be fixed. Octane Render is, apart from all the nice features, basically a random image generator now. Any news on how that get consistent results?
Until someone provided a scene which reproduces this problem, I cannot start working on a solution.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby frisog » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:45 am

frisog Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:45 am
face_off wrote:
Until someone provided a scene which reproduces this problem, I cannot start working on a solution.

Paul

Here I send you my file. It is kind of messy, but perhaps you can see what could be the problem with the camera settings.. For example have a look at camera 10nov-Sfeerbeeld1 and 10nov-Sfeerbeeld2 etc.

Thanks. I'm just trying to find a consistent way without having to be afraid to close and open rhino and start over all again because the psd doesn't match the render anymore... Otherwise I'll have to look further. Vray seems to be better at this. And Thearender too.
Attachments
161113_3D_Breskens12-incSupportFiles_v03.zip
3d file with camera problems (on of them)
(62.79 MiB) Downloaded 319 times
frisog
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:52 am

face_off Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:52 am
You need to update to Octane 3 to resolve this issue.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby frisog » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:05 am

frisog Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:05 am
face_off wrote:You need to update to Octane 3 to resolve this issue.

Paul

So, to have a reliable camera, which is the core function of a render software, I need to pay for an upgrade?
frisog
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dottedline » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:54 pm

Dottedline Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:54 pm
As an update to my original issue i mailed the rhino guys and they made a suggestion to create a floating view port to the right aspect.

Ive put this all into a little button in Rhino which is really useful for anything 1080 x 1920 based

!_NewViewport
-ViewportProperties Size 480 270 EnterEnd
_ToggleFloatingViewport

It seems to help me out and give give the continuity between the rhino render and the octane render view. Its easy to bring up, set it to a camera view and run Octane.

I still seem to be having mismatch issues between Rhino render / octane if i don't set the Rhino view port to the right aspect to match the desired Octane res / aspect.

Will.
Dottedline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aurelm » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:49 pm

aurelm Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:49 pm
Hey

Im also struggling with cameras and viewing angles, and it's really hurting my workflow with photoshop postprocessing when doing archviz. I've updated to the latest version but Octane, unlike Rhinos native renderer or Vray seems to change the FOV based on the rhino viewport proportions. This means every time the Rhino UI changes or window resizes, I loose my exact Camera angle, even when working with locked resolution and rhino named views.

Here's a screenshot.

octane_1.JPG

octane_2.JPG

Thanks
Octane 3.4.4.74 | GTX 980 4GB | 16GB RAM
aurelm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby formatio » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:04 pm

formatio Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:04 pm
Hi

I usually use separate floating viewport that I do not touch to avoid res changing.

Regards,
Mac
formatio
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:46 pm

face_off Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:46 pm
Im also struggling with cameras and viewing angles, and it's really hurting my workflow with photoshop postprocessing when doing archviz. I've updated to the latest version but Octane, unlike Rhinos native renderer or Vray seems to change the FOV based on the rhino viewport proportions. This means every time the Rhino UI changes or window resizes, I loose my exact Camera angle, even when working with locked resolution and rhino named views.
Hi - have you tried unticking the "Sync Octane FOV to Rhino FOV" option in the rightclick menu of the Settings tree? Doing that will allow you to manually set the Octane FOV and stop Viewport size changes from changing the FOV.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Rhinoceros 3D