OctaneRender 3 for Rhino (OBSOLETE)

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for Rhino (OBSOLETE)
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender 3 for Rhino (TEST and STABLE)

Postby face_off » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:37 am

face_off Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:37 am
Following is a Rhino6 build of the 3.7.0.86 version of the plugin. There are large changes to the Rhino6 API, so expect some issues, and pls make sure you do not save over your Rhino5 .rhi files with this version of the plugin!

https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/2f/1d/3e/19/OctaneRenderForRhino6_3_7_0_86.rhi

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Igor_K » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Igor_K Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:08 pm
Hi Paul,

I've been working on octane materials library for personal use in Rhino5. Are they going to work in Rhino 6?
Igor_K
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:50 pm

face_off Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:50 pm
I've been working on octane materials library for personal use in Rhino5. Are they going to work in Rhino 6?
I'm not sure what you mean by a "Materials Library". You will need to try for yourself.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Igor_K » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Igor_K Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:13 pm
I meant to ask if I created octane materials in rhino 5 will they work in rhino 6 or I’ll have to re-create them? I will try it out when I have a chance
Igor_K
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Igor_K » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Igor_K Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Paul, not sure if its rhino issue or octane plugin, but my material preview thumbnails doesnt look right.
Rhino 6 WIP , octane plugin build posted 3 posts earlier.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Igor_K
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:26 am

face_off Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:26 am
Paul, not sure if its rhino issue or octane plugin, but my material preview thumbnails doesnt look right.
Rhino 6 WIP , octane plugin build posted 3 posts earlier.
I have reported the thumbnail preview issue with Rhino6 to McNeel and they are investigating.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:31 pm

face_off Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:31 pm
I have updated the TEST/STABLE installers at the top of this thread with:

- Compiled with Octane 3.07
- Fixed issue where switching to a Orthographic view in Rhino was incorrectly setting the Octane Scale until the camera was moved.
- Added the ability to set the resolution via the OctaneChangePinValue command (ie. OctaneChangePinValue filmSettings:resolution 200,300)

The Subscription version of the above build should be available from the Subscription download area in the next few days.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Igor_K » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:50 pm

Igor_K Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:50 pm
Hi Paul,
does Octane plugin for Rhino support embedding textures inside rhino files? I have a octane material that is using texture map for mix material node. I try to save rhino file with "save textures" feature on. But when I try to open the rhino file again it asks me to re-link the texture file (I renamed original texture file to test if this method is working). I know I can just re-link the texture, but I want to share the file with the other team and looking for a "just open and render solution"

thanks
Igor_K
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:05 am

face_off Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:05 am
does Octane plugin for Rhino support embedding textures inside rhino files? I have a octane material that is using texture map for mix material node. I try to save rhino file with "save textures" feature on. But when I try to open the rhino file again it asks me to re-link the texture file (I renamed original texture file to test if this method is working). I know I can just re-link the texture, but I want to share the file with the other team and looking for a "just open and render solution"
Hi - the Octane plugin is expecting all texturemap image file to be a physical file on the filesystem, with the same filename each time the .3dm file is opened. I haven't tried embedded Rhino textures, but my guess is that they would not work.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Igor_K » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 am

Igor_K Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 am
face_off wrote:
Hi - the Octane plugin is expecting all texturemap image file to be a physical file on the filesystem, with the same filename each time the .3dm file is opened. I haven't tried embedded Rhino textures, but my guess is that they would not work.

Paul

got it! Thank you, Paul
Igor_K
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Rhinoceros 3D