viewport aspect ratio >< rendered aspect ratio

Forums: viewport aspect ratio >< rendered aspect ratio
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: viewport aspect ratio >< rendered aspect ratio

Postby face_off » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:51 pm

face_off Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:51 pm
It seems to me that "keep the same viewport aspect ratio" is really important , It can save a lot of time in our workflow.
If you want to render at a fixed resolution, unclick the resolution lock button. Then Octane will render at the resolution (and therefore aspect ratio) in the Resolution section of the Settings tree.

(I have the same issue in Octane for Revit= =)
The "save rendertarget to view" solution works for Revit too. Simply save to the view then click the Viewport Navigation button.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:11 pm

face_off Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:11 pm
what v-cube said before improves for now the workflow. See also attached image where I made a button for A4 aspect ratio renders..
You can also unclick the Lock Resolution button, set the Resolution to 1024x800 (or whatever size/aspect ratio you want), and then Save Rendertarget to file. Then whenever you want that size/aspect ratio, Import that rendertarget.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:25 pm

face_off Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:25 pm
For clarity - I investigated adding a "Sync Octane Camera to Rhino Camera", which you could turn off to address the situation where if you resize the Rhino preview window the Octane FOV changes. However the Viewport Navigation button does /exactly/ this (plus more), so it would seem confusing to have two buttons to do the same thing.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Cosoli » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:30 am

Cosoli Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:30 am
face_off wrote:
It seems to me that "keep the same viewport aspect ratio" is really important , It can save a lot of time in our workflow.
If you want to render at a fixed resolution, unclick the resolution lock button. Then Octane will render at the resolution (and therefore aspect ratio) in the Resolution section of the Settings tree.

(I have the same issue in Octane for Revit= =)
The "save rendertarget to view" solution works for Revit too. Simply save to the view then click the Viewport Navigation button.

Paul

I mean that every time, I open the viewport , it doesn't match the view. (I always need to adjust "field of view" or "lens shift" )

I know the way you said "The manual page at https://docs.otoy.com/#60Octane%20Camera explains how this works"

But it still doesn't make sense.... :?

I always need to adjust "field of view" or "lens shift" for each view.

(And "save rendertarget to view" in Chinese version seems not to work.........)

All I wish is that " viewport could totally keep same with the view in Revit. :D

It can save a lot of time in our workflow

( I had said that I have maxwell render for Revit, and it can do this even in Revit Chinese Version with the materials named in Chinese)

I like to use Octane, but this workflow................. :?:
Cosoli
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:19 am

face_off Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:19 am
I mean that every time, I open the viewport , it doesn't match the view. (I always need to adjust "field of view" or "lens shift" )

I know the way you said "The manual page at https://docs.otoy.com/#60Octane%20Camera explains how this works"

But it still doesn't make sense....
I would really like to support the Revit FOV, however the Revit API does not provide any means to get the current Revit camera FOV, so unfortunately this is not possible. I put this question to Autodesk, and they confirmed that the FOV was not available from the API. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/how-to-get-the-camera-focal-length/m-p/6067289#M14726

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Rhinoceros 3D