Any tutorials for Rhino?? Most are for Cinema 4D..

Forums: Any tutorials for Rhino?? Most are for Cinema 4D..
Rhino 3D (Export script developed by SamPage; Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Any tutorials for Rhino?? Most are for Cinema 4D..

Postby conti101 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:34 pm

conti101 Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:34 pm
I think I may have posted my original thread in the wrong place...

So, I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm aggressively trying to immerse myself into learning Octane Render. I'm currently using Rhino 7 the most but I'm also deeply involved in getting up to speed on my Blender skills.
I am using the Enterprise edition and I have the plugin for Rhino as well as the free plugin for Blender.
Octane does have online manuals but they are not very in-depth in my opinion.

My question is this...are there any GOOD/GREAT resources or tutorials free or otherwise?? All that really exists that is better than the Youtube vids I've been rummaging through are mostly and mainly used with Cinema 4D. Does this make a huge difference?
If I had the option, I would love to learn straight from the Standalone version with the assumption that using the plugins would then come naturally.
I do understand and grasp the basics of rendering and I know how to use node-based setups. Octane render is full of features that I'm finding difficult to navigate just the basics.
My needs for rendering are not for Motion pictures, but for concept rendering, industrial design, set design, and maybe small amounts of video for a reel.
Any and all help is graciously appreciated!! :D
conti101
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Any tutorials for Rhino?? Most are for Cinema 4D..

Postby alfabruce » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:11 am

alfabruce Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:11 am
Hi there are a couple of videos out there but they are quite old. Netheless, the concepts are still the same.

Ive struggled with this aspect myself really wanting to understand more but limited by the resources available. I spose the conpcets are the same for the other platforms and just need a bit of experimenting to apply to the rhino version but it does make learning very tricky.

Cheers

Tim
alfabruce
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Any tutorials for Rhino?? Most are for Cinema 4D..

Postby face_off » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:15 am

face_off Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:15 am
Are there specific things you would like to know? I would suggest reading the latest Octane Standalone docs.otoy.com. In Octane Standalone you can right-mouse-click a node in the canvas and "Show in LUA API Browser", which will give you more details about a particular node and it's pins.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Rhinoceros 3D