MultiPass Motion Blur and F10/LWSN?

Forums: MultiPass Motion Blur and F10/LWSN?
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

MultiPass Motion Blur and F10/LWSN?

Postby pixelsmack » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:35 pm

pixelsmack Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:35 pm
This does not seem to work with LWSN or F10. Locally I can do F9s and my helicopter rotor blades have motion blur. Yet under LWSN or F10, it's ignored. It DOES seem to render the 20 passes I have selected for MultiPass motion blur, but either isn't rendering the blur, or is failing to re-combine the passes in to one frame before saving.

For my needs I didn't seem to need to enable the "reload for each pass." Might this be the reason? Does LWSN/F10 require that? I've attached a simple version of the content.

UPDATE...
So I went ahead and turned on "reload for each pass" and submitted it to LWSN and F10. Same negative result.

UPDATE TWO...
So it seems Octane's render passes saver is the BUG. If I use LWs native output saver, I get happy motion blurred frames. CONFIRMED.
Attachments
moBlurTest.7z
(12.48 MiB) Downloaded 124 times
pixelsmack
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: MultiPass Motion Blur and F10/LWSN?

Postby juanjgon » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:52 am

juanjgon Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:52 am
Yes, sorry. This ancient feature is not compatible with the Octane render passes system at all. The motion blur passes are combined on the plugin side, so the final image is only available to the LW native output system.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: MultiPass Motion Blur and F10/LWSN?

Postby pixelsmack » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:39 pm

pixelsmack Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:39 pm
Interesting. It may be ancient but still needed. The only reason I ended up discovering this is because I was getting a “jump” frame in my render of that scene using the normal motion blur method. This fixed that issue. The bummer is, my guess since this feature is old, I do get strange behaviors for rendered frames using different machines. Looks like the recombination of the passes gets altered. Forcing me to render on a single machine.
pixelsmack
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D