about Octane with LW Scale UI

Forums: about Octane with LW Scale UI
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

about Octane with LW Scale UI

Postby wireframex » Mon May 31, 2021 6:27 pm

wireframex Mon May 31, 2021 6:27 pm
It is not very important but essential ;)

this is the scale option I use with my 32inch screen "--ui_screen_scale_factors=1.25;1"
Here is the "about" result :

All the best
Phil
Main Computer:
Ryzen 3990X / 96Go Ram / 2 x RTX 3090
OS: Windows 11 x64 - NVidia Driver 531.41 - Octane Plugin Build 2021.1.7.0
Licensed: Softimage 2012 SP1 / Lightwave 2020.2.3 / modo 16.2
wireframex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: about Octane with LW Scale UI

Postby juanjgon » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:40 am

juanjgon Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:40 am
I think that this problem in the About window comes from a bug in the LW SDK, so well, probably it will never be fixed.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Mastoy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:26 pm

Mastoy Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:26 pm
juanjgon wrote:I think that this problem in the About window comes from a bug in the LW SDK, so well, probably it will never be fixed.

Thanks,
-Juanjo

You sound really pessimistic Juanjo :( Do you know something that we don't, or do you just assume, like some of us, that VizRT isn't supporting LW anymore ?
Mastoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tomas.base » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:17 pm

tomas.base Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:17 pm
Scaling works strangely, I never managed to set it when zoomed to 150 in Win10 to display an IPR of 1x1 pixel on a 4K monitor. And if so, a piece of the image is missing / as if a shifted camera. Some applications with their own UI can't handle this, for example, they display a window of parts off-screen.

I recommend:
At native resolution, without enlarging the Windows 10 UI, the LW on a 4K monitor is OK, but the letters are too small. Therefore, if I don't do animations, I always finally edit and render single scenes in Standalone, which correctly displays a larger UI, but the preview is in native resolution. Furthermore, many things are much faster in time and mainly details are seen earlier in the native preview (1x1 pixel), many functions do not require redraw, region limit functions, which can be de-noiseed after deactivating the region function and adding a few samples to the kernel to perform denoising again. And most importantly, you can save the current state of the render and continue later, or go back and change some parameters such as Imager or add passes that do not require redraw (env / post, etc.). Most functions that do not require redraw can be changed.
tomas.base
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D