Instanced MDDs and motionblur

Forums: Instanced MDDs and motionblur
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Instanced MDDs and motionblur

Postby rustyippolito » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:36 am

rustyippolito Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:36 am
I know i am beating a dead horse here, but is there any word on if/when we will ever get to render instanced MDD deformations and get motion blur (not multi-pass, but real motion blur)? Setting up flocking and mdd deforming characters but still not able to render true deformation motion blur in octane. We are really trying to hang on to LW but Houdini seems to be the way to go...
rustyippolito
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Instanced MDDs and motionblur

Postby juanjgon » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:34 pm

juanjgon Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:34 pm
You are talking about the motion blur from instances created over objects with mesh deformations, right? I'm afraid that this is a limitation on the LightWave SDK side, so well, probably we will never have a solution for it, or at least in the short-term :(

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby rustyippolito » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:39 pm

rustyippolito Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:39 pm
Would it be possible to export an orbx file out of Lightwave that could have the resulting flocking pfx and the mdd file references intact to render in Standalone with proper motionblur?
rustyippolito
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:24 pm

juanjgon Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:24 pm
Hmm, sorry, I don't think so. The problem is that the LW SDK doesn't provide the instances motion blur data when the motion comes from a mesh deformation. Perhaps you could bake the motion of these instances in LW before rendering them to don't depend on the mesh deformation anymore, but I'm not sure if this possible in LW.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Lightwave 3D