lighting area flicking

Forums: lighting area flicking
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

lighting area flicking

Postby clementvereecke » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:06 pm

clementvereecke Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:06 pm
Hi,
Probably a nobe question.. How can I fix the flickering in the interior lighting ? I have made a little extract for explain my case.

When my camera move, you can see the lighting area flicking.
I use the direct lightink kernel. I have trying to resolve with 2000 samples, enable, disable motion blur, enable, disable adaptive sampling but no sucess.

Do you have any ideas ?
clementvereecke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: lighting area flicking

Postby Mastoy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:01 pm

Mastoy Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:01 pm
You can try the "Static noise" option in the render kernel
Mastoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: lighting area flicking

Postby frankmci » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm

frankmci Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm
It's hard to tell exactly what you're talking about with all the compression that YouTube adds, but you do have giant pieces of geometry instantaneously disappearing. I do see some changes to the lighting as each vanishes. Are those segments of tube included in your lighting calculations? If so, that would certainly make for some sudden illumination changes.

If that's the case, you could fade them out instead of instantly removing them, or you could bake your primary lighting so that it's not affected by the disappearing tunnel geometry, or you could render the pipe in a completely separate pass and comp it in, or you could use lighting sets, or you could probably use a RayType OSL shader... There are lots of options.

If you are talking about more subtle noise and flickering, have you tried Static Noise and/or the AI light? AI light can help reduce the required sample with multiple light sources significantly.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D