Fiber FX issue...

Forums: Fiber FX issue...
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: Fiber FX issue...

Postby juanjgon » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:19 am

juanjgon Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:19 am
I'm afraid that this seems a crash at render time, from the Octane core, although it is really weird that no CUDA or other errors are reported in the log. Octane 2018.1 and 2019.1 have a lot of fixes on the denoiser side, but I'm not sure if you have access to these Octane versions.

If you can send the whole scene, I can take a look at it here to try to reproduce the problem, but could be great to know if this problem has been already fixed in the latest Octane versions.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby juanjgon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:04 pm

juanjgon Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:04 pm
I was thinking that perhaps this crash could be related to some kind of system or hardware issue. You should use the latest Studio NVIDIA drivers, not the Game-Ready drivers, and of course, don't use any kind overclocking in the CPU or GPUs. You should also check the temperatures of your system and GPUs while rendering.

Another good test if you have two or more GPUs in your main computer, is to render the scene only with one GPU enabled, enabling them one by one to check if the crash happens with only one GPU that could have some kind of hardware or overheating issue.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby KVNOODLES » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:39 pm

KVNOODLES Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:39 pm
Hi Juan and thanks for your reply.

Sadly for me, I don't have any access to the 2019 and 2018 versions, I got 2 4.05 lic only.

But basicaly you can reproduce the crash with a sphere and 14m fur tris (fiber FX in layout) put on it, a motion blur set to 33%, a P.T kernel without AI lights activated and imager denoiser activated.

I'll let you a scene that reproduce the crash later...

This is not an overheating issue, my gpus stays in a good thermal condition during my rendering.
My 2 Dell PCs run with one 2080 and a Maxwell TitanX, it's exactly the same config on each station...
impossible to put the Creative Drivers because maxwell TitanX is not compatible...On my Dell PCs it crashes every 12/15 frames.

I have tested the same scene on core I9 with 2 2080ti with creative drivers and it crashes too when denoiser is active.

So...
KVNOODLES
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:37 pm

juanjgon Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:37 pm
Yes, if you can send me an example scene with this problem it could help a lot. If it is a bug or limitation of the Octane 4.05 denoising I'm not sure if it is going to be fixed, but could be great to know if at least it has been resolved in the latest Octane 2019.x builds.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Lightwave 3D