This is the latest stable release of the OctaneRender™ 2018.1 for LightWave™ plugin version 2018.1.2.0, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3, 2018.0 and 2019.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build has been compiled using the Octane 2018.1.2 core.
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 2018.1, please check out the 2018.1 release post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:
- NV Link support on RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti
- Cryptomatte. Currently, in the LightWave plugin, the Instance ID is used also as Object ID due to its internal scene graph architecture.
- Vertex Attributes in the mesh objects. New options in the Octane object properties custom object plugin to configure the attributes to be extracted.
- New "Color Vertex Attribute" and "Float Vertex Attribute" nodes to retrieve the vertex attributes in the shaders.
- Deep render passes.
- Way less Volume Render Noise. New option in the kernels to disable this feature if the matching of the Octane v4 volumes is needed.
- Direct Levelset surface rendering. New option in the Octane volumetrics custom object plugin to configure the OpenVDB rendering to work with SDFs and assign their Octane material nodes.
- Scatter depth limiting (i.e. fast fog rendering)
- Overall 5% faster than V4 stable (about 315 OB vs 298 OB in our tests)
- Vectron (Vector Primitive)
Release 2018.1.2.0 Enterprise subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zip
Release 2018.1.2.0 Studio subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zip
Release 2018.1.2.0 Demo
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... 4_demo.zip
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... X_demo.zip
Standalone 2018.1.2 Enterprise subscription version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _2_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg
* PLUGIN FEATURES AND FIXES:
- Fixed the problems related to the wrong ordering or mising UDIM textures.
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed universal material specular transmission with roughness 0 rendering incorrectly.
- Fixed excess noise when using a medium with universal material.
- Fixed SDF rendering black when using universal material on a flat surface with normal (0,0,1).
- Fixed regression of top left corner of denoised images rendering black pixels.
- Increased max number of transparent intersections to 200. This fixes some scenes that have a lot of alpha maps.
- Fixed incorrect maximum samples rendered when deep pixel is enabled without render passes.
- Fixed object layers when used with displacement materials.
- Fixed displacement on uv set 2 and 3, if uv set 1 is invalid.
- Fixed Cryptomatte when used with network rendering
- Fixed a lockup and crash if stopping rendering immediately before receiving the first set of results.
- Fixed vertex attributes crashing when used over network render.
- Enterprise versions have now support for offline activation with dongles.
- Fixed orientation of normal maps for triangles which are mirrored in UV space
- Fixed crash when stopping render engine and then starting a material preview.
- Fixed a crash during activation on some machines with RAID setups.
- Fixed OSL camera not working over network render.
- Fixed SDF not working over network render.
- Allow Vectron nodes to inherit their bounds from their inputs, if the SIZE pin is not connected.
- Fixed incorrect size and distance scaling of volume SDF objects when used as an input to a vectron node.
- Fixed a crash when the same volume SDF is used in more than one Vectron input.
- Fixed Cryptomatte passes for distinct nodes.
- Fixed Cryptomatte passes that get broken when changing material and object layers.
- Fixed material and object layers for Vectron nodes.
- Fixed duplicated voxel counts in render statistics.
Your OTOY Team