C4d fog different

Forums: C4d fog different
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: C4d fog different

Postby juanjgon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:09 pm

juanjgon Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:09 pm
The same scene in both LW and Standalone ....
Attachments
2019_03_21-20_09_12.jpg
2019_03_21-20_08_21.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby stef » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:55 pm

stef Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:55 pm
Hi Juanjo,

I do not think there is a problem with the plugins, volumetric work well, but they are a little difficult to adjust, why not presets ???
The only problem is the godray, theoretically is very fine dust, invisible to the eye, without light !!! Fog is too present !
It should just see the godray, or be able to balance with fog ! But in any case, it is a + bright effect, that dark ..
Because volumetric absorbs too much light ........ Phase at 0.99 help a bit ...
But we will see with spectron ..

[EDIT] Milanm post a idea here about using emission, instead of scattering, with negative value .. seems promising !! :idea:

But on the other hand, I am very surprised of the management of the gamma of all LW colors pickers !!!!!!!!!!!!
This is very important because we find them everywhere: surface, light, environment, ...
To be very clear, the gamma on Octane works like this,

GAMMA 1 for all HDR 32bits in import / export
GAMMA 2.2 for all RGB 8/16bits in import / export

That's all ! It's not complicated, and it's very effective !
However, on LightWave, all the colors pickers, which should be 2.2 gamma, are on 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
So, ok, it is modifiable with the ColorCorrect node, but not possible, for exemple, for the light color (LW 2015.3).
But how does it mean that NOWHERE is indicated that it is necessary to modify the gamma ????? ????? Even in the manual !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, for me, either it is voluntary to make the work less accessible to everyone, in this case, it will stay here !!! :D

Either it is a mistake too lontaine to be corrected, but it is absolutely necessary to inform the users !!!!!!!! 6 months to tear my hair to understand why my renders were all faded .........
Obliged to compensate with the gamma of camera, of lights, of ambiant, of surface, of camera, of .. well, the bazaar what ...... .... ..

Here are some renders to illustrate my words ! If other users, on other software, other plugs, can confirm, it's very nice !
An option, or a plugins, to change all the colors pickers to gamma 2.2 isn't possible ?????
This would simplify our workflow a lot !!!!!!!!!

OPENGL REAL SURFACE COLOR

SURFACE COLOR GAMMA 1 / LIGHT COLOR GAMMA 1 / ENVIRONMENT COLORS GAMMA 1

SURFACE COLOR GAMMA 2.2 / LIGHT COLOR GAMMA 1 / ENVIRONMENT COLORS GAMMA 1

SURFACE COLOR GAMMA 2.2 / LIGHT COLOR GAMMA 2.2 / ENVIRONMENT COLORS GAMMA 1

SURFACE COLOR GAMMA 2.2 / LIGHT COLOR GAMMA 2.2 / ENVIRONMENT COLORS GAMMA 2.2

OCTANE TOOLS / OCTANE COLORCORRECT TEXTURE

A link to the content : COLORS

In any case, thank you Juanjo for your great work !
Nice continuation !
_
stef
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby stef » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:30 am

stef Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:30 am
Hi !

In reality, there are 2 things ..

01 - Octane volume absorption, absorb very well !! Even light, difficult to adjust ..
Especially for people who come from CPU world, not to mention volumetric lights, as hard to get as the reality ! Again, why not presets ?

02 - And the more important, all LW colors pickers are ungammated .. this makes the settings more & less sensitive, and especially the colors are faded !!!!!!!
And is not enough to apply a big gamma over .. unfortunately .. because it also affects light, ambient, scattering, .. .. pity not to see this problem on other software ..
I will ask the side of Newtek to see if a plug, or an option is not possible ! But right now they are pretty happy with their new rendering engine, it's not going to be easy !

For fog, i have test Milanm tweak, with polygon in front of cam, it's impressive, but don't affect background ..
Here is some rendering test done with a little fog & a procedural volume, nice, but again, it's Gotham underneath it ..
Anyway, i'm not sure about testing the new Octane 2019 options because Octane 4 is still not in production, and 2018 is in beta ..
Again a pity, hoping that Octane 4 is supported a little ! After, if i have to pass on Houdini to be good ..

A link to the content : FOG

Big thank you Juanjo for your great work !
Nice continuation !
_
stef
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby stef » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:39 am

stef Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:39 am
Hi !

Ignorance is the greatest contempt, a real scourge of modern times ! Respect of simple things is important, thanks !
Imagine not answering someone 20 years ago, before you hide in front of your computers, autistic gangs !

Cool, at least I have done Octane 4 in production ready !! It's my customers who will be happy !!!
This will not prevent them from having washing out renders, but if Juango decided so !
After 4 days without answer, I conclude that you do not care ! Bad choice !

A little too much ego & pride here, it starts to stink a little, and it is not very professional !
And do not put me in confidence for the future, for buying your beta annual package !

Go discuss color with a dev .. Haha, me I would fight to the end for that, no luck !
On that, glad to have tried to help the community, good luck to all !
Too bad, there was a big potential here !

Goodbye !
_
stef
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:27 am

juanjgon Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:27 am
Hi,

Sorry, I'm really busy trying to launch the final 2018.1 plugin build. I had seen your posts about the color picker, and this is something that I want to take a look at it at some point. The real problem is that the LW color picker always returns the picked color in the linear color space, so if you have it configured with other color space, the picked color and the returned values don't match at all.

To be honest, this doesn't seem a great problem for the vast majority of LightWave users, and I must prioritize the reports and feature requests. This doesn't mean that I'm not aware of this issue, and as I have said, I want to take a look at it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby stef » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:49 am

stef Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:49 am
Hi Juango !

A big thank you for your answer, so actually I'm not hallucinating !
Anyway, the linear workflow is the key, if it works properly, all the others will work .. Because it is only the camera, and above, all it can be seen in postproduction !
There must be a solution, maybe by creating a new color space on Lightwave ?! Surely a lot of work to see if you have the time, otherwise other developers may be interested ? I have already asked Oliver ^^
In any case, bravo & thank you for everything you do for Lightwave, it's fantastic ! I just hope that the V4 continues to be support, at the same time as the PRO subscription !
A very nice continuation to you ! I hope Otoy considers your work well enough ! :D

Thank you !
_
stef
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Lightwave 3D