Volume Medium Phase question.

Forums: Volume Medium Phase question.
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Volume Medium Phase question.

Postby KVNOODLES » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:48 am

KVNOODLES Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:48 am
Hi,

I have to animate the phase in the volume medium but no env. button is there...
Which Lightwave nodal tool/fonction can I plug into the phase entry ? I've tried several nodal items but it doesn't connect at all...

Any idea ?

Thanks.
KVNOODLES
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Volume Medium Phase question.

Postby juanjgon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 am

juanjgon Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 am
Hmm, there is a problem with this input. The phase input type is indeed designed to link an Octane phase node, but this node has never been exposed in the LightWave plugin because it is embedded inside the medium nodes, so it is not needed at all.

To animate the phase I need to add the "E" button to this parameter. I'll add it for the next build, but if you need it before this next release, please send me a pm with the LightWave and Octane versions that you are using and I'll try to send you a custom build with this feature as soon as possible.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby KVNOODLES » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm

KVNOODLES Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm
juanjgon wrote:Hmm, there is a problem with this input. The phase input type is indeed designed to link an Octane phase node, but this node has never been exposed in the LightWave plugin because it is embedded inside the medium nodes, so it is not needed at all.

To animate the phase I need to add the "E" button to this parameter. I'll add it for the next build, but if you need it before this next release, please send me a pm with the LightWave and Octane versions that you are using and I'll try to send you a custom build with this feature as soon as possible.

Thanks,
-Juanjo

Thank you Juan !

My LW version is 2015.3 and Octane LW plugin is 3.07.0.1 (Nov 4/2017). We use this setup for all our current projects...
KVNOODLES
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:42 pm

juanjgon Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:42 pm
For the next plugin builds, I've added a new phase node including an enveloped parameters, but I'm afraid that it is going to be available only the latest 4.02.x and 2018.1 builds.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Lightwave 3D