This is a new beta release of the OctaneRender™ 2018.1 for LightWave™ plugin version 2018.1.0.3, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3, 2018.0 and 2019.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build has been compiled using the Octane 2018.1 RC3 core.
As with all experimental releases, please do not use this for production purposes. 2018.1 RC3 will expire in 60 days
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 2018.1, please check out the 2018.1 release post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:
- NV Link support on RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti
- Cryptomatte. Currently, in the LightWave plugin, the Instance ID is used also as Object ID due to its internal scene graph architecture.
- Vertex Attributes in the mesh objects. New options in the Octane object properties custom object plugin to configure the attributes to be extracted.
- New "Color Vertex Attribute" and "Float Vertex Attribute" nodes to retrieve the vertex attributes in the shaders.
- Deep render passes.
- Way less Volume Render Noise. New option in the kernels to disable this feature if the matching of the Octane v4 volumes is needed.
- Direct Levelset surface rendering. New option in the Octane volumetrics custom object plugin to configure the OpenVDB rendering to work with SDFs and assign their Octane material nodes.
- Scatter depth limiting (i.e. fast fog rendering)
- Overall 5% faster than V4 stable (about 315 OB vs 298 OB in our tests)
- Vectron (Vector Primitive)
Release 2018.1.0.3 regular license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zip
Release 2018.1.0.3 subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zip
Standalone 2018.1 RC3 version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... C3_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- fixed a couple of Cryptomatte crashes
- fixed geometry getting reprocessed when the camera is deleted
- fixed HDR image load crash when x-direction is flipped
- fixed incorrect render when changing materials for vectron nodes.
- fixed volume SDF not working with specular material or medium
- fixed VDB exporter crash.
- fixed banding in larger scales of SDFs.
- improved SDF tracing speed when there is scaling in the instance
- fixed vectron and volume SDF normals when an instance is rotated and/or scaled
- reduced memory usage of vertex attributes
- fixed rendering of second color vertex attribute if a mesh contains also float vertex attributes.
- increase the max seeding samples for Cryptomatte to avoid getting black pixels on soft edges.
- fix possible crash when using a "mapper" input for a string input parameter in an OSL shader.
- Temporarily disabled caching of baking texture node for input texture types that are not image textures, since it wasn't working as intended yet.
- Fixed Automatic pixel format setting which would still load 32bit float EXR images and HDR images as 16-bit float.
Your OTOY Team