Hi! This is the latest production build of the OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™
plugin version 3.08.5.0
, available for LightWave 10.1, 11.6, 2015.3 and 2018.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build is compiled using the Octane 3.08.5
- Since we have to use CUDA toolkit 9.1 for that, you may have to update your graphics driver.
- The Windows plugin is now compiled using Visual Studio 2015. If you have problems to add the plugin to the Layout, try again after installing the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable package: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=53840Release 3.08.5.0 regular licensehttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zipRelease 3.08.5.0 subscription licensehttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zipRelease 3.08.5.0 demo versionhttps://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... 4_demo.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... X_demo.zipStandalone version for the network rendering nodeshttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _5_win.exehttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmgDocumentation
New Octane 3.08 features: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=63219
Overview of OSL Shaders in Octane: https://docs.otoy.com/osl/
The plugin manual is being updated to cover most of the changes. https://docs.otoy.com/Lightwave3DH/Ligh ... Manual.htm=============================================
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Improved sheen of the glossy and metal materials: It was too bright and didn't conserve energy.
- Lowered the minimum exposure of the camera imager node from 0.001 to 0.00001.
- Fixed partial shadow on ground planes when using the render layer shadows passes, if there is any light from the environment reaching the plane from below.
- Octane prints now a warning in the log if the environment variable CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES or CUDA_LAUNCH_BLOCKING is set. The effect of these is that not all GPUs are visible, causing rendering to be slower.
- Fixed loading of Y/chroma EXR images.
- Fixed sampling of the specular Beckmann BRDF.
- Fixed incorrect recording of contributions of diffuse surfaces in the diffuse passes if they are behind specular objects with "affects alpha" enabled.
- Fixed crash or incorrect normal import of subdivided, deformed meshes.
- Fixed incorrect alpha weight of beauty passes causing noisy, aliased edges.
- Fixed incorrect transition of the shadow passes to the background and between active and inactive layers.
- Merged back the refactored render layer shadows of version 4. This way the render layer shadows behave similar to the general shadow pass. As a consequence, the colour render layer shadow pass got removed which doesn't apply anymore.
- Fixed incorrect clamping of info channel kernels at 0, causing passes like the normal passes to render incorrectly.
- Fixed missing direct reflection of the metallic material which wasn't recorded in the reflection pass.
- Fixed GGX sampling in glossy materials by using the same sampling as in the universal material of version 4.
- Fixed energy loss in specular materials during total internal reflection.
- Fixed rendering of transparent meshes inside an environment medium.
- Fixed autofocus picking when near clipping is enabled.
- Fixed missing support for Volta GPUs on OSX.
- Fixed incorrect seeding in the MLT kernel.