PSD with Alpha Channel

Forums: PSD with Alpha Channel
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

PSD with Alpha Channel

Postby lightvu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:31 pm

lightvu Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:31 pm
So, straight forward question guys.

I have a single polygon with a PSD file mapped to it, and in a simple scene it respects the alpha channel, that is I can see the background color behind the image, which is exactly what I need.

I take that same single object and load it into my more complex scene, and the alpha channel is not taken into consideration, it just renders it completely solid.

Any clue what's going on here?
lightvu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: PSD with Alpha Channel

Postby joseburgos » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 pm

joseburgos Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 pm
I am not sure what you mean by simple scene and complex scene as that is subject to interpretation. But can you attach the image because I had some time to test where I made a simple three layer PSD with simple star shape duplicated and moved to show each of the three stars. I loaded into Lightwave using the geometry tool to create 1mx1m plane. In sufaces, I add the Octane Texture node and projection because the Layout geometry tool does not create an UV, and then mapped the texture to a Octane diffuse node. I then added a octane invert texture tool and mapped the same image to it's input and I mapped its output to the octane diffuse opacity input. If you map it directly the alpha is inverted.
Looks perfect in Octane IPR so I am not sure why yours does not work.

I am attaching my simple start PSD image and a screen shot in hopes it helps

Take care,
Attachments
2018-04-19.png
stars_test.zip
(68.68 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
joseburgos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D