Degraded performance when switching from other apps

Forums: Degraded performance when switching from other apps
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: Degraded performance when switching from other apps

Postby Asticles » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:35 am

Asticles Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:35 am
juanjgon wrote:
mikefrisk wrote:Happens for me in 2015 with or without octane on heavier scenes.

Hmm, so this can be a LightWave problem, nothing related to Octane, right? I'm trying to reproduce this problem here, but without luck so far.

Thanks,
-Juanjo

Please do not take fast deductions. I cannot start to try to convince you or Lw people that there is a problem. The problem exists, and sorry to say, but saying that it's on the other side, is the worst of the solutions.
The same happened to me with Newtek people. Please talk between yourselves, if you want people stay with your software, of course. Because the day to day working feeling and fluency is much more important than render performance at the end. I'm saying the same to newtek support.

I had some lag before purchased Octane plugin, but now the lag is much worse. Note that this lag is incremental over time.

Sorry for the harsh words .

Regards.
Asticles
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:44 am

juanjgon Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:44 am
mikefrisk wrote:
juanjgon wrote:Hmm, so this can be a LightWave problem, nothing related to Octane, right?

Maybe. I will have to test it on scene without any octane nodes at all. Could it have something to do with rendering the shader ball on textures with high res images?

I don't think so, but in any case could be great to know if the shader balls rendering could be related to this problem.

In the plugin options panel, Options tab, there is an option "Enable Shader Balls in the surface editor" to disable the shader balls rendering. Can you please disable it to see if it helps to fix this issue?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mikefrisk » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:42 pm

mikefrisk Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:42 pm
Confirmed this happens regardless of any octane shaders. So most likely octane is NOT the problem here, seems like a LW bug.
mikefrisk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Lightwave 3D