Octane Log from Crash

Forums: Octane Log from Crash
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Octane Log from Crash

Postby 3dreamstudios » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 pm

3dreamstudios Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 pm
Working with a large scene (not nearly as big as some though) I'm now getting an error when trying to render out. I only added a few things since the last time it worked fine. And those objects individually come up just fine in Octane and render.

I was wondering if anyone knew what this error is related to by looking at the log file I saved. Thanks for any thoughts.

Ps: Saw the other thread with CUDA error and thought I'd post there but didn't want to hijack that thread. Might try the driver timeout, this scene does take a few mins to load...but again it took several mins before and worked just fine before. I think I've reached a threshold of some sort. Using TWO 1080TI's, don't think it's ram related...*shrug*
Attachments
octane.log
(560.57 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Log from Crash

Postby mikefrisk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 pm

mikefrisk Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 pm
Try enabling Out-Of-Core in Octanes "Plugin Options"
mikefrisk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dreamstudios » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:14 am

3dreamstudios Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:14 am
Yea I tried that. Didn't know what to set things too, but upped them quite a bit. I'll try again in the morning....

Any other thoughts?
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dreamstudios » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:56 pm

3dreamstudios Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:56 pm
I couldn't help myself, I changed more than one thing whle testing. So I don't know exactly what helped but found a few things...

Reset RAM
Found that one stick is BAD (need to change it out) Org. had 16gb and now system only shows 12gb, even after resetting.
Added Virtual Memory to C Drive. Not sure why there wasn't one but....
Increased Out of Core Numbers

So the weird thing is the out of core inside octane doesn't show that it's being used. The memory shows I'm under the physical amount. The original error was MEMORY related. Could it have been the VIRTUAL memory I added to the system, if so why, as there is still physical memory available...

More curious than anything. As long as it works and I can get this project out I'm good. Will be getting new ram either way and figuring out which stick is bad so I can remove it from system for now.
Attachments
octane-memory.jpg
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D