Hypervoxel like Waterfall with Octane

Forums: Hypervoxel like Waterfall with Octane
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: Hypervoxel like Waterfall with Octane

Postby lstudios3d » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:04 pm

lstudios3d Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:04 pm
So here is the volumetrics window. Which settings would I need to change to to increase the grid resolution? As a note, my vdb files are ones I downloaded from gumroad so I'm not sure if that grid setting needs to be changed before creating the vdb or not.
Attachments
Octane_Volumetrics_Tab.jpg
lstudios3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Hypervoxel like Waterfall with Octane

Postby juanjgon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 am

juanjgon Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 am
Sorry. The grid resolution is the resolution of the OpenVDB file. It is like the resolution in an image file. The only way to avoid the pixelation due to the lack of resolution is to export the files after computing the volume data with more detail. Usually, all the simulation software that export this kind of files have settings to control the simulation detail and the final volume resolution that is written to the OpenVDB files.

From the plugin side, we can't add more detail to an OpenVDB file that doesn't have enough resolution. Perhaps a tool to resample the volume to a higher resolution adding random noise or something like that could be possible, but well, the plugin doesn't have this feature.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Lightwave 3D