Procedural Brick Texture

Forums: Procedural Brick Texture
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

Procedural Brick Texture

Postby gamedesign » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:43 am

gamedesign Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:43 am
Hi All

I am very confused that there isn't an Octane procedural brick texture out there that can also allow the bricks to be randomly coloured. IFW2 for LightWave has the ability to do this, but it appears it is not being updated any further. This kind of texture seems like something that Archviz people would use all the time, yet I can only find one that has been developed. I understand that Substance designer can create procedural textures like this, but surely it would be good for there to Octane specific textures that can do the same. Can anyone here shed any light on this or point towards something that does do this already that I have missed :)

I would even have a go at coding a prodecural texture myself if its possible in Octane and not too complicated :)

Here's an example of the kind of random coloured bricks I'm talking about.
tulipblend.jpg
gamedesign
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Procedural Brick Texture

Postby alexos » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:50 pm

alexos Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:50 pm
Absolutely, native procedural textures have been Octane's weakest point (imho) since the beginning. I remember a discussion I had with Richard about porting his IFW2 to Octane - if I recall, the Octane devs told him it wasn't possible because of some technical something I have no clue about.
Juanjo, am I right in thinking that from 3.08 onwards it should have become possible to integrate 3rd party procedurals?

ADP.
alexos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dreamstudios » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:37 pm

3dreamstudios Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:37 pm
I would welcome this for lot's of things...but Acme Brick Designer is a very nice tool for bricks textures, plus they are actual real bricks your clients can purchase!
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dreamstudios » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:32 pm

3dreamstudios Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:32 pm
Heres a link to the designer app if you haven't seen it: https://brick.com/innovative-online-tools
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lightwave 3D